1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Anyone have anything on backorder?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by stepvan, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Squawker

Squawker Tele-Meister

Palmer CAB112 empty cab, from Gear4Music. Was due to be delivered in 2-3 days on Sept 11th. Might turn up on Oct. 5th now.

2. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

I think I've plagiarised pretty much all of that already, so I don't need it

thunderbyrd likes this.
  3. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

I had to wait 3 months for a Lunchbox reverb. Kind of worth the wait, though.

4. David C

David C TDPRI Member

I build my amps and have had issues with getting components. Things like wire, pots, input jacks, just plain simple stuff is in short supply. On a personal level, anyone been able to find Clorox wipes? Those are never available for order.

5. Richie Cunningham

Richie Cunningham Tele-Holic

Taylor Swift’s new album on vinyl. ETA given at time of ordering: 16 weeks

koen likes this.
  6. wrathfuldeity

wrathfuldeity Tele-Afflicted

VFE Mobius Strip and Choral Reef...not particularly back ordered...but a position in the production line.

7. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

it has tab for 3 of the songs from rock and roll animal. i love hunter and wagner.

8. ZenGuitarist

ZenGuitarist Tele-Afflicted

Clorox and Lysol wipes are in really short supply in Canada too, but I was able to get quite a few of them because I'm a pretty savvy shopper. And no, I'm not hoarding them for myself - I gave them all away to charities that desperately needed them.

David C likes this.
  9. The Angle

The Angle Tele-Holic

A pack of three sets of D'Addario 9-42 strings. Ordered two triple packs on Amazon, waited a week, and the package arrived with one pack. The other pack is on back-order. WTH?

10. Nahtabot

Nahtabot Tele-Meister

. . . . I'm still waiting for the Roland . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

[​IMG]

11. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

a continuing adventure: i ordered "the lou reed songbook" from amazon. apparently, as soon as they moved the book from one place to another at the wharehouse, they lost my order. so, they gave me a refund. i waited a week or so and ordered it again. it got here one day later than expected, but it got here. the good news is, the 2d time i ordered it, i had 5 bucks off. so yippee. much chaos and confusion these days.

oh, and i was wrong, it has 4 songs off r&r animal, not 3: Sweet Jane/Intro, Heroin, White light White Heat, and Rock and Roll. an absolute lead guitar education in those songs.

12. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I decided out of sentimental issues to get myself an analog for my first Les Paul, which was one of THESE.
    Les Paul.JPG
    I wrote a lot of songs on my white Epi and I miss it.

[​IMG]
    So now I'm waiting for it to arrive.

13. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

I am certain many will be seeing prolonged back orders and shortages.

In my work world we have continued warnings about shortages and new warnings from suppliers about increased problems this is mostly food related but our non-food supplies vendors are warning about new and prolonged problems. Within all that some of the shortages are because companies are set up to make more of best sellers.

Friends in consumer goods, sporting goods and retail say shortages will persist because some sports and hobbies have had huge upticks in participation. Locally, shops have said interest in guitar and home recording and music making is up. A bike shop owning friend said his fat bikes he expected to sell later and in winter are selling now because back orders for other bicycles are not caught up.

If you shop for some items it can show that if it's available, most sellers only have that it in the most recent containers to get through customs.

We have close to 1000 employees and problems on uptick are sending most or all of the logistics, accounting, much HR and other key jobs back to work at home. That seems to be occurring broadly and will probably have implications. A few key people in our enterprise just got assistants to help protect matters. That is a bunch of purchasing and also people who got raises in their new jobs so lots of buying going on from that.

Buckocaster51 likes this.
  14. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Tele-Afflicted

I've been looking for a few small items that none of the big online sellers have in stock, so I didn't order.

15. Nahtabot

Nahtabot Tele-Meister

Got it! Ordered 8-20 - received 11-20.

16. Rocky058

Rocky058 Tele-Holic

In stock, and ready to ship. Score !!!

[​IMG]

17. loopfinding

loopfinding Tele-Holic

i can usually find what i need through smaller sellers on ebay or reverb that will usually do me right. i also make sure to set the location within a whatever mile radius of my zip code. if a large retailer doesn't have it, i don't give them the time of day with backorders, i just cancel.

18. Hey_you

Hey_you Tele-Holic

Started my order late Aug. Still waiting.

reeves setup.jpeg
    (borrowed photo) off Talkbass
    ed: head finished last week, waiting on cabs.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.