1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Anyone have anything on backorder?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by stepvan, Sep 18, 2020.

1. stepvan

stepvan Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

So twice now I have things on backorder from the GC the first was a set of monitors I had ordered in April and got in June and now an Amp that was in stock when I ordered but now is not and has not been since Labor day. Anyone else?

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I had a TRO Fat neck backordered from AllParts for about 4 months.
    The just filled the order, and I love the neck.
    It would still be backordered, but the rep pulled a couple of strings and got me one.
    Nice birdseye on the maple, and nice grain on the rosewood!

RodeoTex and stepvan like this.
  3. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Been waiting on this for a bit
    [​IMG]

4. tubegeek

tubegeek Friend of Leo's

Shocking revelations in that one!

Hey_you and spurgie79 like this.
  5. Nahtabot

Nahtabot Tele-Meister

I ordered one of these from Kraft Music. I wanted a white one. Kind of nice looking.

[​IMG]

It's been a month now. The only reason I went with Kraft is they issued a $50 dollar gift certificate for not having a Blackstar bass amp I ordered. It was on their website and the order was processed . . . .

Spark amps are on "sale". Do I go for it?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    hemingway likes this.
  6. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Couple months back I had a hankering for a PRS SE 277 Baritone. Saw a few come and go on Reverb, gave up and ordered one through Sweetwater. They were backordered. 3 weeks pass and I see one on Reverb locally. Bought that (it was previous year's model which I wanted anyway instead of 2020 "Charcoal Burst" - which unfortunately is an apt metaphor for the Western US at the moment). I just checked SW. They're still back ordered.

7. monkeybanana

monkeybanana Tele-Holic

I ordered $30 pedal on 7/4

stepvan likes this.
  8. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I have an Epi LP Junior I P90 on backorder at MF...and it appears my String Swing MultiGuitar racks may be backordered as well. Oh well.

9. xtelesquirex

xtelesquirex Tele-Holic

I ordered a guitar back in April maybe. Retailer said it would ship by August. Halfway through August I canceled the order. When checking that retailer's website the guitar I ordered is still out of stock with "more on the way."

stepvan likes this.
  10. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

Back orders are a big thing these days.

For sure in my work world that's IT admin in the food and grocery business. I noticed it for car parts you'd think would be available too.

For the non-technology stuff - the food we order - some backorders are because only best sellers are being made. Packaging is part of some back orders. Also waves of pockets of people getting sick.

For some things such as the IT tech I guy and the food we distribute and sell really high demand is part of it.

Outdoor sports is full of segments where manufacturing is not keeping up with demand.

I just got a dozen new iPads later than we wanted and our Apple rep said it was part of a 50,000+ backlog. For months now some of my users have received nicer or lesser laptops than expected because of back orders.

electrichead likes this.
  11. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

I'm still waiting on (3) pasta drying racks from Crate and Barrel.

stepvan and That Cal Webway like this.
  12. Hey_you

Hey_you Tele-Holic

I ordered an air purifier back 3rd of May. It finally arrived Aug 10th. I went looking for PC speakers at B Buy yesterday. 1st thing I asked is if they had any in stock b 4 proceeding to the aisle.

stepvan likes this.
  13. stepvan

stepvan Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I actually called today to check on the order because the GC website said they had them in stock when I talked to customer service the gave me a story of "we only got a few and these are only being sold in store and to fulfill orders" that is the most ridiculous excuse I have ever heard . So someone in timbuktu will be able to walk into a GC that has it on the floor and buy it while I sit and wait. Poor customer service needless to say.I honestly can't believe that the jerk actually said that to me

14. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

i ordered "the lou reed songbook" from amazon on monday, was supposed to get it tuesday, but they seemed to lose it immediately. so now i'm supposed to get a refund.

15. ZenGuitarist

ZenGuitarist Tele-Afflicted

One thing I haven't been able to find anywhere in Canada is the official Line 6 Variax digital interface cable, except at an exorbitant cost. As far as I can tell, the ETA to the Canadian distributor is the end of December but who knows if that will actually happen.

Finally I gave up and decided to make my own cable using an ethernet cable and Neutrik ethercon cable connectors. The Neutrik connectors just arrived today so soon I'll have the cable I need.

16. rstaaf

rstaaf Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

I have a couple of things on backorder from GC.

TC Electronics Polytune Clip On Tuner, it has been on backorder for months.
    I have an alert setup, it comes back in stock for a day then goes back on backorder.
    This has happened at least twice since I ordered and I am still on backorder.

Fender Dura Tone Acoustic strings, just placed that order the other day...backordered.

Next week I will be headed to my local GC with a couple of old Fender original Mustang (I and III) amps and an old Acoustic AG15 amp to trade on a new Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb.
    So excited THAT is in stock....woop woop! :D:D:D

Untitled.png

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  17. Cali Dude

Cali Dude Tele-Holic

Nope, I have been lucky. I ordered a pedal from Wampler, and got it in 4 days. I ordered some tubes earlier this year, and got them in less than a week. I guess that it depends upon whom you are ordering from. Smaller businesses seem to be more responsive.

18. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Not on backorder but this t-shirt is taking forever to get to me:

[​IMG]

thunderbyrd and M2roadwarrior like this.
  19. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Funny you should ask. Back in early July I ordered a bunch of extra long IEC power cables for my powered speakers and monitors. They arrived just yesterday.

20. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I ordered some normalcy in my life, then got an email from society indicating that particular item is backordered indefinitely amid a global shortage.

M2roadwarrior likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.