Anyone have any info or experience with these pickups?

telewhacked

TDPRI Member
pickup.PNG

Ebay link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224648703571

Howdy fellow tele whackers,

I noticed these pickups on Ebay. They are very similar (at least cosmetically) to the "foil" style single coil pickups offered by Guitar Fetish, but much less expensive.

They appear to be a stacked coil design (so a humbucker) that fits in these cool looking "foil" style covers.

I see they are 4 conductor, so I assume 2 of the leads are standard and the other 2 are for coil tapping etc.

The only issue is that they are not offered in a calibrated set and most of them on Ebay don't really designate if they are for neck, middle, or bridge, or even give clear info on the exact output.

So I have 2 questions for anyone that wants to hopefully offer their input:

1. How would I install 3 of these in the neck/middle/bridge positions and know which will go best where? or if they will even work that way? I suppose a set of 3 pickups with the exact same output might not work well at all, but who knows?

2.Has anyone here had any experience with these or seen these anywhere else? Anyone seen these covers sold anywhere else?

I already know they are cheap Chinese pickups so I'm not expecting custom shop quality or anything. They are very affordable and this would just be for fun experimentation on a partscaster of which I have WAY too many laying around. haha...

Let me know what you guys think, good or bad...

telewhacked

TDPRI Member
I would measure the dc resistance of the 3 of them and put the one with the highest reading in the bridge position. I bet Fender just grabbed pickups out of the box and loaded strat pickguards as quickly as possible.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I just noticed that these are high output rail style stacked humbuckers though. Might not sound too great in every position of a strat style guit fiddle.