Anyone Got One of These?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by BuckNekkid, Nov 22, 2017.

1. MahoganyStratDZ

MahoganyStratDZ Tele-Meister

The Red and Natural I thought looked better but no ebony board.

2. TMMC

TMMC Tele-Afflicted

I love it. I have bucks on a couple of Teles and I like them a lot. I'd say buy that sucker.

3. Recce

Recce Friend of Leo's

Buy it if you like it. I have an SG I bought for this use.

TMMC likes this.
  4. Wrighty

Wrighty Tele-Afflicted

Doesn’t look too far removed from the Blacktop I picked up recently. It’s my go to guitar when I need a Les, which I’ve had two off and really didn’t bond with

TMMC likes this.
  5. ebb soul

ebb soul Poster Extraordinaire

I though the OP liked it mostly for the colour.
    I lkke trans black, so this has similar appeal
    for me.
    As for hummers, I never understood why minibuckers wouldn't be a better choice for Fender.

6. horseman308

horseman308 Tele-Holic

I love ebony boards. Got them on my main Tele and on my LP. Only reason I didn't go for one on my other Tele was cost at the time.

tweedlux likes this.
  7. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I like ebony boards, but not on Fenders. For me it's not the feel. It's the look and (perhaps) the tone. I say perhaps because I hear it as a bright attack on my acoustics, but I probably can't tell one way or the other on my 6120. Still, looks right in that context. Not Strats and Teles.

8. Sea Level

Sea Level Tele-Meister

I look forward to trying this one w/ the ebony board. I have a natural Pro Deluxe and it is a great guitar. Just feels and sounds right. I too respect the tradition, but nothing wrong w/ some innovation. I heard on a podcast today that cellos did not have end pins until mid-19th century. A big improvement. Before the end pin they would have to stabilize the instrument between their knees and calves. Just saying that there isn't much that is not subject to change. These humbucker equipped, silver burst, ebony board Teles still look like a Tele to me. The Tele equivalent of the silver burst Les Paul Custom.

9. MikiLoving

MikiLoving TDPRI Member

I bought one the day after christmas. It is an amazing guitar. I dont know why everyone hates on this finish as i think it looks great on a tele. It plays and sounds fantastic. Everything about this guitar is perfect. The way it sounds, the way it feels and the way it looks.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.