Anyone got a Player Plus??

Lucius Paisley

Tele-Afflicted
0147323330_fen_ins_frt_1_rr.jpg

I wonder.

kmcanney

Tele-Meister
The Strat is also routed HSH. Stratosphere is selling bodies, so you can check out photos there.

jvin248

Doctor of Teleocity
You can't swap necks? That's literally the only difference.

You can put a Strat neck in a Tele but not a Tele into a Strat without chopping some wood.

It would be great for Fender to start building neck pockets on all their bodies to accept either neck and alter the necks to retrofit any old guitar.
That way owners can have the most flexibility possible. Plus the Fender factories can easily mix and match designs while reducing several instances of tool and check fixture change overs.

Lucius Paisley

Tele-Afflicted
You can put a Strat neck in a Tele but not a Tele into a Strat without chopping some wood.

It would be great for Fender to start building neck pockets on all their bodies to accept either neck and alter the necks to retrofit any old guitar.
That way owners can have the most flexibility possible. Plus the Fender factories can easily mix and match designs while reducing several instances of tool and check fixture change overs.

I know, I was reading about it earlier.

They'd probably have done that already if they were ever going to.

Jensen

Tele-Meister
I recently tried the aged candy apple red Telecaster Nashville. I sure liked it.

It felt very good and starting out on the neck pickup I quickly realized the claims about noiseless pickups being lifeless was not justified in this case.

There is something strange about getting strat like sounds from a Telecaster, but I really liked it. A very versatile guitar. I already have both an S and a T style guitar, so it would be hard for me to justify bying it.

Dollarart

TDPRI Member
Agreed.. very versatile. I have two Nashville’s and will not go back after the variety plus Tele sounds at my fingertips.

Lucius Paisley

Tele-Afflicted
Walked into my local music store yesterday and one of these was on the wall. It was a boat anchor (heavy). Looks cool though.

It really doesn't. I already have a problem with HSS as it is, but to have non-matching pickup covers is just gross. The colour fade should go vertically dark to light. And considering the very light colour it's attached to, a rosewood fretboard just looks "off". It's hideous.

Minivan Megafun

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
It really doesn't. I already have a problem with HSS as it is, but to have non-matching pickup covers is just gross. The colour fade should go vertically dark to light. And considering the very light colour it's attached to, a rosewood fretboard just looks "off". It's hideous.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's a different styling direction for sure. But I give Fender credit for trying new things. It's a line with specifically modern appointments aimed at modern players so why not take a risk with the styling? They've still got LOADS of more traditional options. Heck even the sunburst Player Plus looks pretty normal.

Still looks better than the Super-Sonic.

Lucius Paisley

Tele-Afflicted
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's a different styling direction for sure. But I give Fender credit for trying new things. It's a line with specifically modern appointments aimed at modern players so why not take a risk with the styling? They've still got LOADS of more traditional options. Heck even the sunburst Player Plus looks pretty normal.

Still looks better than the Super-Sonic.

It's just past 2am and I'm feeling snarky. It's not my thing, but if it makes somebody happy to receive one of these MONSTROSITIES then that's jake with me.