1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Anyone got a Kemper Profiler Amp? Any good?

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by MisterLutherMan, Aug 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. MisterLutherMan

MisterLutherMan TDPRI Member

I am wondering because I enjoy watching Paul Davids on YouTube, and he did a video on how he gets those "juicy tones". I am envious, also joyous I get to hear such sounds, and I want to buy a Kemper Amp myself.

The price tag stopped me. But not for long! If they are truly worth it.

The Paul Davids video on his tone:

2. 9irontele

9irontele Tele-Meister

It's crazy good...I play primarily through a PA at church but I have also used it recently for heavier rock version of Jesus Christ Superstar on stage with a mix of PA and monitor and it worked flawlessly. I have honestly sold all of my amps and most of my pedals about three years ago and haven't looked back.

3. bsman

bsman Friend of Leo's

For what those cost, they'd better be a damn sight better than good! That said, I have never heard from anybody who owns one that they are less than great.

4. tdu

tdu Friend of Leo's

A guy I play with has one and it's very impressive. I haven't tried all the technology out there, but the Kemper stuff is a step above anything else I have tried.

5. sir humphrey

sir humphrey Friend of Leo's

Yeah - had one for four years. It’s all I use now. Ridiculously convenient and I’m getting the best sounds I’ve ever had. There’s a reason it’s becoming the industry standard.

6. bluzkat

bluzkat Tele-Holic

I've had mine almost 5 years and it still amazes me everytime I fire it up. I use mine mostly for home recording. I also have a powered FR/FR cabinet (Matrix Q12a) that works very well for live situations

7. brobar

brobar Tele-Holic

I'm still getting to know my Kemper, as I've only had it for a few months. However, so far it has been worth every cent.

I have been able to dial in exactly the tone(s) I’m looking for, with the responsiveness I want. I’ve ditched all my amps but one (which just sits there now) and here are my pedals just sitting in a drawer. Nobody wants to buy them as a package even if it is a killer deal and I just haven’t had the time/desire to list them one-by-one yet. But I have no need for them anymore.

B177CE0A-74CE-42D2-AB92-59F353A654E0.jpeg

Love mine.

8. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I've had a powered rack unit for a little over three years. I still have all of my tube amps, but the KPA is what I plug into 99% of the time, lately straight into a Marshall 1960 cab. In spite of how expensive it was, I have not ever had one tinge of buyer's remorse over it.

9. Rayf_Brogan

Rayf_Brogan Tele-Meister

Take a look at the non powered rack versions on eBay. Their pretty reasonable imo.

10. Georox

Georox Friend of Leo's

Then you need a power amp and a FRFR speaker adding up the cost.

11. flatout9

flatout9 Tele-Holic

I guess I'm getting old but I feel like a sell out if I'm not using an amp and pedals that I have to fiddle with endlessly... I'll probably cave and get one in the near future. Hear nothing but great things about them.

12. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

(Unless you've already got something that qualifies.)

codamedia likes this.
  13. codamedia

codamedia Poster Extraordinaire

There is no shortage of endless fiddling to be had with the Kemper if that's what you want :D

14. mistermikev

mistermikev Tele-Holic

have no kemper but i freq a place where it's all the rage and they have quite a few kemper prof and axefx patches -in case it can help... ultimatemetal.com - sneap forum.

15. Tubeboy

Tubeboy Tele-Meister

Have had a Kemper for 6 months I love it I pair it with a 112 Orange cab for a very portable/powerful rig. I recently fried the vintage 30 that was in the cab [this is what happens when you pump 300 watts through a 60 watt speaker] so I have a Celestion GH 12 150 Redback on the way . Haven't plugged in most of my tube amps since DR Z Maz18, Rivera Chubster 40,
    Orange Rocker 32 although I have used my Vox Ac 10 C1 at band practice a few times. I love tube amps but I don't understand people who say I HAVE TO PLAY THROUGH A TUBE AMP. You might as well say I love spending money and breaking my back for inconsistent tone night to night. Not to mention the huge pedal board and microphones I don't need anymore. I've had modeling amps before does anyone remember the Johnson Millennium or the Line 6 Bonner or the Marshall MG series all crap none of them cut through. Anyone thinking of buying a Kemper should do it you won't be disappointed. Don't let some tube snob sway your opinion remember IF IT SOUNDS GOOD IT IS GOOD .

16. OldGuy6873

OldGuy6873 Tele-Holic

The high end digital gear available today is nothing short of amazing.

If you are looking at a Kemper, also check out the Fractal Audio products. Just for giggles.

The biggest draw back to most of these options are the tweaking necessary to get the sounds where you want them. The learning curve is steep but rewarding.

Something that sounds AMAZING on Youtube, may not sound anything like that on your rig. Even if you upload the profile/preset directly from the internet. That is really the main issue. Even if you have the exact same rig, it will sound different. Trust me. Been there done that.

Now if you don't mind the tweaking required, then certainly go for it! But if you expect to get the Kemper, upload a preset that *should* sound like Paul Davids' in the vid and expect it to blow you away, you *might* be disappointed. The other issue is that newbies then get frustrated because they don't have enough experience to figure out what they need to tweak to get that sound.

It takes time and patience to use these products. I had an Axe Fx II Mk II for years and really dove in, and still barely scratched the surface. I got rid of it because I was tweaking more than playing. And hat was no good for me. YMMV.

privatesalt and Georox like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.