Anyone familiar with a Bad Cat Trem Cat amplifier?

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by 985plowboy, Dec 2, 2019.

1. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

A friend took a Bad Cat Trem Cat into her shop on trade. She is holding it for me.

30 Watts, 1-12",made in USA, black ostrich covering. Reverb, trem, 1/2 power switch.

I've seen them in magazines, but never one in person. Yet to play it or hear it played.

I am doing due diligence researching the net, but not a whole lot coming up.
    I am pretty sure this is a discontinued model.

PDF of the manual on the Bad Cat site pretty well gives me the gist, but has anyone any first hand experience???

Much appreciated.

2. KC

KC Friend of Leo's

this came up on another thread a few weeks ago -- a search might find it. The gist was that the trem cat was the ef86 channel of a black cat 30, which is good news -- I have one & dig it. AC30 family but overbuilt (and thus heavy as hell). Enough amp for any room. It may at this point be old enough to need basic service, though. Good luck.

985plowboy likes this.
  3. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Just saw Gary Louris play through a Bad Cat with The Jayhawks. Glorious tone - really great. He was using his old SG.

985plowboy likes this.
  4. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

After action report;

I bought it.
    It's awesome.

Carry on.

KC likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.