Anyone ever gig with a Vox Mini Superbeetle?

srblue5

Tele-Holic
I’ve got a basement birthday party gig coming up — it will likely only be 10-15 people max. I bought a Vox Mini Superbeetle last year and I’m considering bringing it, as I really like the sound at home.

For anyone who’s gigged with it, can it keep up with a moderate drummer in a live setting? I think it will be mic’d at my upcoming gig but I don’t know for sure.

Alternatively, I could just use my PRRI but given the cost in getting tubes lately, I’m considering my solid state options instead.

Tim S

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
What tube shortage? They are still out there. You just can’t expect any one reseller to stock everything you want. Once I extended my mid-March searching to include Germany (Tube Amp Doctor) and UK (Watford Valves) I bought all the (New Sensor) EH, Tung-Sol, Sovtek as well as JJ tubes I needed. I also managed to get some new Psvane 6L6 and NOS JAN 12at7 driver tubes from Europe.

Given all that, I’d say use the PRPI. If tubes have a limited life, it’s better to share that sound rather than hog it for yourself. ;)