Anyone else like a good concert at home?

clingin_on

Tele-Meister
Queen doesn't seem to be mentioned too often here, however those m'fuggers came out and blew everyone else off the stage at Live Aid:

134715389.jpg

Also, anybody seen "Night of the Guitar"? Some tasty guitar on there:

R-3630219-1338117935-3053.jpeg.jpg

It's also on youboob:

Last edited:

Lone_Poor_Boy

Tele-Holic
The Bruce Springsteen Born to Run box set has a great DVD of the E-Street Band’s first gig in London from the mid-‘70s

Ok, I've got to find that.

EDIT: I was just looking on Youtube. That must be the Hammersmith Odeon? I see a lot of single songs from that in 1975. Just watched 'Thunder Road' and it was fantastic.

Ed Driscoll

Friend of Leo's
Ok, I've got to find that.

EDIT: I was just looking on Youtube. That must be the Hammersmith Odeon? I see a lot of single songs from that in 1975. Just watched 'Thunder Road' and it was fantastic.

Yes, the Hammersmith Odeon. Really brilliant show just as Bruce was about to become a huge cult star, on his way to '80s superstardom.

Lone_Poor_Boy

Tele-Holic
Yes, the Hammersmith Odeon. Really brilliant show just as Bruce was about to become a huge cult star, on his way to '80s superstardom.

I discovered him right after 'Born to Run' came out when I was babysitting for a couple who were just 4 years or so out of college, if that. They had a neat little collection. I also discovered 'The Doors' as they had the live album. For some reason, prior to that, I had it in my head 'The Doors' were some teeny-bopper band.

Last edited:

'64 Tele

Tele-Afflicted
Road to Austin......the two songs with Bobby Whitlock and Coco Carmel with David Grissom & Eric Johnson.

VintageSG

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Dr Feelgood - Going Back Home
Motorhead - well, any Motorhead live DVD
A vast selection of RockPalast concerts have been made available on DVD over time. Many are available on YouTube, so any Rory Gallagher or The Pirates live at RockPalast. The same goes for North Sea and Montreaux Jazz concerts. Rory at Montreaux may seem out of place, but one year, Motorhead were invited to play. They went down a storm. The Montreaux is so much more than jazz. Niiice.

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
I'd add a couple of my favourite live shows which are mostly available on youtube these days.

Jeff Beck Live at Ronnie Scott's - great show, wonderful band and guests. I would have donated an organ to be there. A taster:

Also, seeing as Zeppelin have already been mentioned, there's a Page/Plant show from Germany (Bizarre festival) in '98 that (IMHO) is 'peak post-Zeppelin Zeppelin', with Charlie Jones and Michael Lee (RIP) filling the bass & drum roles. Page & Plant are on top form, driven by a world-class rhythm section (again)
Here's one you might recognise:

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
And speaking of Montreux, Talk Talk live in 1986 was an incredible show, and a wonderful performance.
One of the best 80's bands and one of the few bands that I didn't get to see play and regret to this day.

It's on youtube, here's a clip:

Lone_Poor_Boy

Tele-Holic
I can understand your concern. It's been almost two years since I started watching online live concerts on this platform, and some of the performers had the best problem as you do. Not very sure how to fix it, but if you need an opinion from the public, here it is. I think this segment left your public disappointed, and for sure, you don't want to do that. It's a mix of everything. In the end, all the sounds get lost among each other, and it doesn't compliment the whole performance, for sure

LOL! You're all responding to a post from a few months back necroed by a bot account.

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
I think my favorites are;
SRV & Double Trouble at the El Mocambo
Neil Young at Red Rocks
Concert for George
Doors at the Hollywood Bowl(no label)
Red Hot Chili Peppers at Slane Castle

Least Favorite I Had High Hopes For;
Neil Young in Berlin
Rock and Roll Circus
A few others not worth mentioning

And I just realized my copy of the Stones Live at the Marquee Club 1971 is missing.

Any good ones missing that I should check out?

View attachment 912517

Yep!

newitem-676.gif

This is a really good concert.
It's not just a note-perfect run through of studio material as it invariably is when we're talking about DT.
Some tracks have entire added sections.
There are some nice solo spots.
John Petrucci doesn't look like a bear yet.

Like... it's good stuff!