Anyone else into travel guitars?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Boxla, Jun 10, 2021 at 12:21 PM.

1. Axegrinder77

Axegrinder77 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Just restrung my baby Taylor. Taking it to the lake tomorrow. Great sound for the size. Nice to have.

2. jrblue

jrblue Friend of Leo's

I have no idea why, but I have an irrational haterd for travel guitars. I think it's because so many of the earliest ones were stupid-ugly, awkward hillbilly-homebrew messes rather than intelligent designs. But even now, and even though I travel, I still can't stand 'em. If I really needed a small, travel guitar, I'd just get a Steinberger, not one of the nutty wood shop project numbers out there.

3. El Marin

El Marin Friend of Leo's

This is my travel guitar

[​IMG]

4. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Yep, Traveler Speedster here.

5. SRHmusic

SRHmusic Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I have a Baby Taylor that sees occasional duty in a trip where the vehicle is over packed. I usually try to take a full size guitar along if I pack the car/truck. :D

The Baby is a pretty decent instrument. I actually performed a country blues for about 30 or 40 people at an open mic on vacation with it once, and it's pretty cool sounding for that. I heard some folks play them with higher tunings, too, for a different 'voice.' Maybe that's a better idea than trying to make a small guitar 'just like' a full size one.

6. Boxla

Boxla Tele-Holic

5B36F2D9-FD58-472F-BE8C-F1864DB8A1A9.jpeg Here are mine. I put my GS mini in the pic for size comparison. And like many others, these are used to simply keep my fingers moving. When I’m home it’s 95% my Music Man Axis Sport

Fendereedo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.