1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Anyone Else Having A Hard Time NOT PULLING the Trigger??

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Phrygian77, Oct 22, 2020.

1. GuitarsBuicks

GuitarsBuicks Tele-Holic

Pickups, neck profile, vintage radius, other custom shop goodies. Do some research on that. You will likely find that it is NOT your average telecaster, it is something special/different. Oh and lest we forget that the pickups are hand wound and its from the Custom Shop, which means its probably more hands on than most other production guitars.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    Bedroom Thrasher likes this.
  2. Gary in Boston

Gary in Boston Friend of Leo's

Ah, this site is littered with tales of trigger pulling.

3. stantheman

stantheman Doctor of Teleocity

Marshall 1962 Bluesbreaker, 5 different times in the last 6 months.
    I have the money too - I don't know if it's the Freight Charges...the weight 66 lbs.
    w/ Greenbacks.
    What I think is that it's overpriced for what it is.
    Maybe I'll get a reliable 1962 from Nik @ Ceriatone.
    Do it right.

4. Imnotarobot

Imnotarobot TDPRI Member

It's a fake. Don't waste your money. That decal is all wrong. ;)

5. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Ad Free Member

I am having NO trouble not pulling the trigger, in fact, I've been looking at guitars but can't seem to feel the need for any.

6. Paulie_Boy

Paulie_Boy Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Like many my age, covid forced me into early retirement at 62. I recently decided against dropping $15 on new knobs for a tele. I've gone from "Do I want it?" to "Do I really need it?"

It was fun while it lasted! :)

7. Minivan Megafun

Minivan Megafun Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

I love the armchair quarterbacking about what a Tele should cost. I went to the Fender Corona CA factory and did the tour. They said that a production line guitar in that facility has about 70 people's hands on it from start to finish. Also, every part on an MIA guitar except for the tuning machines is made in house. They stamp their own bridges, cut their own pickguards, wind their own pickups, etc. And that doesn't cover the overhead their distribution, marketing, and other departments that do the work of selling the guitars.

8. WhiskyMan

WhiskyMan TDPRI Member

I couldn’t help myself. After trying to control my GAS for months, I broke down and bought one a few weeks ago. Love it!

1EEF2251-2CEB-411D-9570-89FAA0F99352.jpeg

9. Blues Twanger

Blues Twanger Tele-Holic

I worked my buns off on a project over the summer and by way of repaying myself and making amends with my past divorce that cost me many a guitar I pulled the trigger not once but twice: an American Professional Tele and a G&L USA Legacy.

10. basher

basher Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Nah. I've already got a Telecaster.

zeke54 likes this.
  11. davemontalvo

davemontalvo TDPRI Member

I'm looking to buy a Fender Stratocaster but I'd like to know what other brands I could look at. I've been eyeing the American Pro line but if there are better less expensive non-Fender options I'd like to hear about them. Heck even the Mexican Vintera strat I found is $1000. I think I paid $400 for my MIM tele back in the late 90's.

12. lmjmitchell

lmjmitchell Tele-Meister

Check out the higher end Yamaha Pacifica models. Alder bodies, rosewood fretboards and Seymour Duncan pickups. Around $700 new. I'm thinking about buying one and I already have a nice Stratocaster.

The Yamaha Revstar is very nice as well.

Reverend has some nice Telecaster style guitars.

davemontalvo likes this.
  13. Blues Twanger

Blues Twanger Tele-Holic

Unfortunately the going rate has gone up a lot since the 90s. That when I started playing and a used MIM could be had for under $300 all day.

On the other side of the equation the amount of guitar for dollar one can get from Asia these days has never been better. Of course I would also argue that the MIM stuff has never been better either and that has crept their prices up as well.

davemontalvo likes this.
  14. Hippieway

Hippieway Tele-Holic

Sorry, if you are looking for somebody to stop you from buying a guitar (particularly a nice one) you came to the wrong place

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.