1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Anyone Else Having A Hard Time NOT PULLING the Trigger??

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Phrygian77, Oct 22, 2020.

1. lmjmitchell

lmjmitchell Tele-Meister

If you want it and have the money set aside, buy it.

I will likely never buy another Fender.

I can buy a better guitar for less and I don't care about the name on the headstock.

2. RedRiverII

RedRiverII Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Buy it, you can always get more money. Time lost is irreplaceable.

Nahtabot likes this.
  3. KyAnne

KyAnne Tele-Afflicted

I have les envies for a Japanese made Takamine Parlor guitar....but ehhhhh, they ain't cheap enough

4. Grateful Ape

Grateful Ape Tele-Holic

Does this figure take account of the shifting ratio of disposable income to guitar prices?

5. Grateful Ape

Grateful Ape Tele-Holic

Hot damn. That right there is what we refer to as an ES 33 fuggin 5...

Treehouse likes this.
  6. Telekarster

Telekarster Tele-Meister

I am a 100% purist when it comes to vintage instruments so unless it is really made to spec from 1951 on all accounts, no extra decals saying "reissue" or "limited addition" etc. etc. lazy susan sprayed to include the nail holes, etc. etc. etc. pencil dates and initials, etc. oh yeah... and... hand made like they did in 51. If it cannot meet those reqs for me then I would not be happy with it. BUT I do applaud Fender for coming out with it! I have an AVRI 57 Strat that I addore so... I say what you should do is buy it from someone with a good return policy and if you like it, keep it. If not, return it. What have you got to lose?

Electric Warrior likes this.
  7. harpdog

harpdog Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Ugh! I want that but trying NOT to buy another amp! I gig with a Champion 50XL and am very happy with it. SS was a conscious choice. Now I keep looking at Champion 100 ( silver grill, not the XL). Because it’s similar yet different AND more powerful. Not that I need the power. We mic our amps when we need that....ugh...

8. Electric Warrior

Electric Warrior Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

This. Trust your own ears, eyes, and hands and get a good return policy if you can't try before you buy. Even if you can try it. If it doesn't measure up, away it goes. Also, you can get a better deal than $2k on this model, call around.

Telekarster likes this.
  9. Gregorski

Gregorski TDPRI Member

Wow, that sounds serious!

Mossy likes this.
  10. Digiplay

Digiplay Tele-Afflicted

What guitar is that on the left PC?

11. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's

2014 MIM Nashville Tele with Lindy Fralin SP43 pickups

12. Esquire Bob

Esquire Bob TDPRI Member

I can’t stop.... 3 guitars this week. (Monday is going to be amazing).

13. Digiplay

Digiplay Tele-Afflicted

Check your PM's.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  14. DHart

DHart Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

It is attractive. But, build your own for less than 1/2 that price - and tune the specs to your personal preferences.

$2000 for a Fender bolt neck guitar? Well, OK I guess, if you don't mind blowing that wad of cash.

Otherwise, you can put together something for yourself that's just as sweet (or sweeter) and save a TON of money.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    SRHmusic likes this.
  15. Mossy

Mossy TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

16. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Amen. It's subjective tho so whatever floats his boat. But a well made tele with the same materials can be just as good, and even if it required some pickups or whatever else that adds negligible $ and is still far cheaper. The classic series has always been my go to. My current 2002 '69 thinline tele reissue after upgrading with my personal fav pups and saddles in it i would put up against any USA RI. The build is flawless, it sounds better then any tele i have had to date and when new was well under 1/2 the guitar in this thread or an AVRI as they were priced back then. Theres no un-seeable magic to the slab of wood that a tele is. It will either sound like any other with the same design and woods or worse if you get unlucky with the particular piece of wood or better if u get lucky, and thats got little to do with price.No manufacturer can know how good or bad a guitar they make will sound till it's completed. And if anyone thinks they throw the bad ones away, think again ! The bad ones end up in the same place as the good ones, on the store shelf. The reason to buy USA is if you can't get the neck profile you want in a lower model, you refuse to upgrade parts for some reason, or your mental state is such that u can't get past the thought USA is best. And those are all legit reasons. They don't affect me tho, so for years now i stopped buying USA fenders. When i did i always ended up upgrading pickups anyways and was never happier with them as i have been with MIM and even some chinese CVs ! But as the old saying goes, you gotta do you. I've saved a fortune doing me. :D

17. mkdaws32

mkdaws32 Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

I would save longer and have fewer guitars. Probably would be a good thing.

18. GuitarsBuicks

GuitarsBuicks Tele-Meister

I so wish that had the money I would have a non-relic' d ones. Really wishing I had actually gotten my COVID Money. But of course being a college kid means that you get totally screwed by everyone who can make a buck off of you. Maybe someday I can buy one up for re-sale.

19. GuitarsBuicks

GuitarsBuicks Tele-Meister

But it's not because they are putting special 50's spec pickups. Apparently you can't even get these ones from the custom shop. Supposedly you also can't get that neck profile outside of on that guitar. Definitely on my Christmas list.

20. Esquire Jones

Esquire Jones TDPRI Member

Well, I thought long and hard about the new 70th Anniversary Esquire when I first saw "coming soon" at Sweetwater.

I usually never buy new guitars. I hate buying online because of the "unknown" factor.

I've been on a Martin acoustic journey for a while so $2k didn't seem too disgustingly expensive for an instrument.

Anyway, I was smitten with the new Esquire. Pine body? Just over 6 lbs? I'm in.

I pulled the trigger and have been loving it ever since. There is just something to this guitar. No regrets.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.