Anyone else’s pet like when you play?

Southpaw Tele

Friend of Leo's
We have four dogs (two small indoor and two bigger outdoor) and almost every time I fire up my rig to play, our Shih Tzu comes in and lays down to (I’m assuming) listen to me play. She seems to prefer clean vs overdriven tones, though. She also likes to ride in my truck and in my wife’s car.
3192FF18-02A1-4AFC-82FD-4E6AE400DB52.jpeg

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
One dog likes to be nearby. Will even come in and lay in the middle of rehearsal. I'm surprised the volume doesn't bother her. The other one doesn't stick around. My previous girl (RIP) would come in some, but often just sit patiently outside the door, even in the rain in winter. She would not go in the house. Used to follow me everywhere even though she got blind. 006r1.JPG

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
My dog Lily didn't mind until there was a loud POP from an on/off switch or standby/off. She'd scoot like it was a close gun shot.
But....After my first year of daily drum practice she would lay a foot in front of my 26" bass drum and take herself a nappy. I never asked and she never explained it.

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
As soon as I turn on an amplifier, before I even plug in the guitar, certainly before any of it starts making any noise, my two cats will flee the room. After a few minutes of playing their threat level seems to decrease and they start becoming curious. If I'm laying on my back in bed with a guitar, Oscar will try to climb the guitar to get in my face, or will try to climb onto the neck. My 5E3 is one of Henry's favorite perches, but he won't climb on it while it's on.

Last edited: