Anyone discover they don’t need 200 presets on their delay?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by 4pickupguy, Jul 28, 2019.

1. dlew919

dlew919 Poster Extraordinaire

The most complex delay I have is the dd7. I also have a dd6 a dd3 a dm2and a memory toy. Im thinking if I need more I can hook them all together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Fred Rogers

Fred Rogers Tele-Afflicted

I use only about 6 delay presets on my HX Effects.

4pickupguy likes this.
  3. Mase

Mase Tele-Meister

yep.I use a short delay, always on to fatten things up.
    When I jam with a band I cant even hear it, so i don't bother.
    I am almost at the point where its just amp/one boost pedal.

4. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Tele-Afflicted

I need three and can access them with the knobs: slap-back, “echo-rec on max” and “Run like hell”. My TC Flashback cound do 1’450’687 settings more, but I don’t need them ;D

4pickupguy likes this.
  5. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Holic

I use 3 different delay-times on my El Capistan and 2 different delay with my Red Panda Roster.
    Changing the settings takes me as long as our singer needs to announce the next song. Covers up around 200 songs.
    Took me a while to sort out settings where I only have to turn one or two knobs to get what I need, but now it's guitar, pedalboard and amp - give me 5 minutes, a power socket and I'm ready to play.
    I don't miss my 19''-rack from 20 years back......neither the hours of stepping through manuals, nor dragging around the refrigerator....

4pickupguy likes this.
  6. Pajama

Pajama Tele-Meister

I think it's really important to know how you are as a consumer and buy accordingly.

I know that I don't want to have to hook up my pedals to my computers for updates. I am just too lazy and will never get around to doing this.

I also know that I don't need stereo anything. Very rarely do I play through amps and the fact that I have amps on different floors of the house and a tweaky back means that playing in stereo is almost never happening.

Lastly, I know that my eyesight is sketchy so I don't want to have to wear my reading glasses when playing so any menus or lots of parameters with tiny writing are not something I want to deal with in a pedal. YMMV, of course.

Digital Larry and 4pickupguy like this.
  7. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

I use one delay setting but like the adjust the mix a bit lower for cleans.

4pickupguy likes this.
  8. vanr

vanr Tele-Afflicted

I have 2 Digitech Digidelays on my pedal board. One set to slapback (1 repeat). One set to 400 mS (more repeats). This gets me through the night.

schenkadere and 4pickupguy like this.
  9. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

If one is good, two is more better! Lol. Stick with what you like and know. I like it.

I’m using a Donner Yellow Fall and a Malekko Ekko 616 MkII. Both really nice delays. I use the modulation on the Ekko as my chorus type sound.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  10. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Afflicted

Even in the 80's early 90's I ended up only using my 19" rackstuff as on/off effects.

4pickupguy likes this.
  11. Plumber

Plumber Tele-Holic

I have various pedals with midi input which I use the gigrig G2 to change patches

In that sense once I've programmed what delay sound I want I don't change it again but can recall at will anything I dreamt up

12. D_Malone

D_Malone Tele-Meister

I use a similar setup. 2 Digitech Obscura pedals, one for slap-back (lo-fi setting) the other tap tempo (tape delay).

This covers 95% of my needs, and I think the Obscura sounds gorgeous, but I’ve been fighting the urge to get something like the Boss DD-500. I don’t need it, but I want it.

13. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I use one delay only. It has a tap tempo switch. Can’t imagine anything I’d do that it doesn’t cover.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.