1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Anyone Call Amazon Customer Service?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by zimbo, Feb 23, 2021.

1. zimbo

zimbo Friend of Leo's

I had a delivery problem. I shoveled a path to my porch door and they threw the 2 blue envelopes on top of the snowdrift instead of inside the porch door. I don't know if customer service is in the US, they say they are but I doubt it. Immediately they start asking for my info to confirm who I am. It was non stop thank you very much and thank you for being a Prime member. They kept repeating everything all through the call. After about 10 minutes they had to transfer me to someone else to help me. After about 15 minutes of this condescending crap they promised to fix the problem and give me a credit on my next checkout.

Well there was never any credit given and today I had a large package wedged up against the porch door so I couldn't even open it. I had to go out another door and walk back on black ice to get the package. I wonder if it's even worthwhile to call them again.

electrichead likes this.
  2. mikestearns

mikestearns Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Keep bugging them, they’ll give it to you. If you’re a seller on the other hand, they couldn’t care less.

irie likes this.
  3. Boreas

Boreas Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I have never had a problem contacting them online. It sounds to me your issue is with the shipping service.

4. Mjea80

Mjea80 Tele-Meister

Spoke with them once about an issue I had. I do remember having to dig around for the actual phone number.

I made sure to throw in something along the lines of “so can you offer me anything as a credit for the issues I had.” To which my wife shook her head at me.

But it got me a 20$ credit on our next order.. :)

Wait for the shipping guy and ask him what his problem is ?

5. Dave Hicks

Dave Hicks Friend of Leo's

Amazon has customer service? :eek:

D.H.

That Cal Webway and nojazzhere like this.
  6. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

During the period when we were "offline." A package was delivered to us that actually belonged to a neighbor, our condition prohibited us from just delivering the package. I called Amazon, they answered pretty quickly, and resolved the situation without delay. I had never called them before, but the one time I did it went pretty smoothly.

7. BelairPlayer

BelairPlayer Tele-Afflicted

EVERY time I have a package delivered, the app prompts me to rate the delivery. I do, and do so fairly. When they put the package somewhere sensible, thumbs up. When they don’t, thumbs down and I describe the problem and how the delivery person should solve them problem on the next delivery. I have virtually zero problems now. The feedback matters to the drivers. It affects their compensation. I suspect you’ll have a better outcome in this way, rather than calling customer service.

To your question, I’ve called Amazon several times with miscellaneous issues (lost/late packages, items not as described, etc). I’ve always gotten a satisfactory outcome.

Boreas and MilwMark like this.
  8. Dave Hicks

Dave Hicks Friend of Leo's

Actually, I wasn't being particularly serious - I went through customer service for a tax deduction for items ordered for work (at a nonprofit).

D.H.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  9. irie

irie Tele-Holic

I have had good luck with them both over the phone and online.

In my experience, patience and a gratitude goes a long way when dealing with customer service teams who are used to getting yelled at all day. Generally speaking, if you are thankful for their assistance they tend to be willing to help you out.

Boreas, Toto'sDad and MilwMark like this.
  10. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I cant say enough good stuff about the to the service i get from amazon , I ordered 250 amp fuses yesterday they will be here to the door tomorrow, no issues. he leaves them at the door and rings the bell no worries

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    Boreas likes this.
  11. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

the call center thing is kind of difficult.

12. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah, no kidding.

I have observed amazon tries to steer everything to a bot for auto processing through an algorithm.

pi likes this.
  13. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

In all seriousness, ever consider they problem might not be them?

Calls take awhile because they have to work through a script and document everything. But are very effective IME.

Boreas, Marc Morfei and irie like this.
  14. buster poser

buster poser Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

I've done a few exchanges, always easy-peasy, always handled via online "chat"

Boreas, Marc Morfei and irie like this.
  15. sloppychops

sloppychops Tele-Holic

Amazon drivers are under constant scrutiny, so I find it hard to believe one of them would just toss a couple envelopes onto a snowdrift and walk away. Unless maybe they wanted to get fired.

Amazon also hires local independent drivers to deliver small packages that arrive to the distribution center late, or that somehow don't make it onto the trucks for delivery. These are typically retired or semi-retired people, or part-time workers, who use their own vehicles. It's possible your envelopes were delivered by one of these drivers who doesn't feel particularly obliged to follow Amazon policies.

It's also possible your envelopes were left on the porch and blew away with a gust of wind. They should have been left inside your scene door, though, assuming it was unlocked. (It was unlocked, right?)

Amazon is the most customer centric business I know of, and I'm pretty sure they will make good on giving you a credit for your bungled delivery.

Boreas, Marc Morfei and getbent like this.
  16. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I try to remember that no matter who I'm talking to when I'm seeking a resolution to any situation. If the person you are talking to is taking care of problems for a living, it's a good chance that a large percentage of their calls are from people who are glad for the chance to have someone to yell at. If you remain calm, state your problem, and ask how can we resolve this? Usually, you get what you're looking for.

17. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

I am restoring some old chairs and the parts I need for the chairs are many and weird and I keep ordering stuff from Amazon and they have been offering one day shipping for free! Stuff winds up on my porch 7 days a week at a huge range of hours (up to 9 pm) just amazing, startlingly good and surprising.

I have had issues before, but rarely and usually the chat or email thing works for me. I have spoken to them once for an elderly family member who was confused and made some missteps that had to be rectified and I did speak on the phone... I think they are trained to be deferential to build rapport and I appreciated that.

18. arlum

arlum Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

As things go Amazons a pretty tight ship. You'll get this worked out.

Boreas and Marc Morfei like this.
  19. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Doctor of Teleocity

Never had issues.. usually get stuff sent and allowed to to keep stuff missent. Probably 5 times in as many years. Being polite gets you the best treatment.

The algorithms used online and the scripts help them filter out those users trying to scam them with fake returns, etc..

Not sure what the actual issue is here though?.. Simply where the delivery was put? Final stage delivery to the door can go through different carriers here. Put it in the app/feedback.

Boreas and Marc Morfei like this.
  20. blue17

blue17 Tele-Meister

While it's inconvenient, were your packages ruined? If not, I'd just go on with my day personally. If they were, just say they were damaged in shipping and you'll have a replacement in 2 days.

Remember, this is the price we pay for staying in our homes while other people bring us stuff for free.

Boreas, MilwMark and Marc Morfei like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.