Anyone a Billy Strings fan ?

Old Plank

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Well the Country Music HOF in Nashville is ... there was a giant picture of him on the front of their building last month, maybe still so

MarkieMark

Friend of Leo's
Yeah, I am watching him.

He has a deep knowledge of the past and the pillars and columns on which he is standing.
His talent and dedication is worthy of praise and respect.

I am hoping to see him mature into a top tier "maintainer of the flame" in the future. He truly seems to "get" that its about the song, and the music, and that he is just a vessel.

I am rooting for him. Its a hard row to hoe.

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
He has talent and a knowledge of different styles of music I think mainly due to his dads influence. I hope he can keep going at his own pace and avoid some of the temptations the can derail a youngster. I haven't seen/heard him whipping a Telecaster yet but the day will come.

PastorJay

Friend of Leo's
I've been aware of Billy for a couple years.

He's popular with bluegrass fans and jam band/dead heads fans.

I'd like to see him pick a side. Then branch out later. I'm probably in the minority on this.

fishermike

Tele-Meister
Yep. Just saw him do a limited PPV show the other night, part of our local university's Arts & Lectures series. The show itself was pre-recorded, he and his band doing mostly stuff off his latest album. Cool live Q&A with him afterwards.

Even though he was playing his Preston Thompson acoustic the entire show, he played through a decent-sized pedal board, and was getting some really cool "electric" tones out of that thing. He went off on a few long, psychedelic-type solos that were different from what I usually expect from him, since I'm more familiar with his work as a flatpicker.

Guy tears it up, no matter what he plays.

Dano-caster

Tele-Holic
Thank you mfguitar for posting this. Love this kid. Did not know he was at this point in his life. I am digging the s55t out of this. Jack was pretty good too huh...

Bryan A

Tele-Holic
Yes, he’s fantastic (as is Mollie Tuttle). My understanding is that he first learned to play guitar by learning fast heavy metal, then switched to bluegrass as inspired by his stepfather. Apparently his stepfather sold a beloved Martin to make ends meet and when Billy hit it big, he was able to track it down and buy it back for his stepfather.

Walden

Tele-Meister
Big fan, saw some clips of him on youtube, when he was just a kid. Already amazing back then...