Anybody want to go in on this with me?

KokoTele

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
What a weird property. It's like it's someone's shangri-la dream musical retreat, but it's trying to be everything. I cannot imagine that there's enough demand to keep it busy all the time. Maybe if it were in the Hudson Valley and you had NYC people coming...

Telekarster

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Man that place is awesome and pretty much checks all my boxes. Certainly gave me some ideas if/when I ever get a chance to have what I REALLY want ;) Location isn't for me, but it sure would be a cool pad for someone. Looks like he thought of just about everything. Wonder why he's selling it...

naveed211

Friend of Leo's
$358k for that looks like a steal, although I couldn't find any info on the size of the property.

Anyway, it's in NY state, so fuggedaboutit.

I was gonna say, in this market that’s a total steal.

Unless upstate NY is a total dump...never been. But that is a pretty nice house and property for that price.

GeneB

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Selling so he can move to Tampa/Gulf coast. I've been to Buffalo, NY and the winters are to die for. So I understand his need to move.

Danjabellza

Friend of Leo's
Dang… the house I just bought that I can’t really afford was about the same price… before all the repairs and renovations… I’d rather have spent the money here…

KokoTele

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
Upstate NY is gorgeous. Tons of picturesque communities in that area, and its not far from the Finger Lakes.

It’s also not that close to them. There’s no reason for anyone to go there, and nothing to see or do outside the compound. I think what we’re seeing is the result of someone realizing that there’s no business model for his dream retreat, and that buildings made on the cheap have little appeal to anyone else.

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
From the RE Listing. The main house is 1248 sq ft. I imagine that is just the main floor and double that adding the finished basement. It was built in 1971, the inside is very clean but still 1971 no updating. The house is heated with propane and oil. It has been for sale for 158 days on this listing. Original listing was $398k
The kicker as far as living in NY goes besides the weather....taxes are $928 a month.