Anybody using AmpliTube

Legba-1967

TDPRI Member
I have the AmpliTube and VocaLive apps on my IPad Pro and I love them. I have almost all the amp models including Fender, Orange, Mesa Boogie, the Jimi Hendrix Marshall amps some of the British Collection. I have most of the stompbox models too. These are some fun apps to play around with. I don’t know how close the amps sound to their real counterparts but you can get some really good sounds through them. You can set the settings so the sound stays on even when the app isn’t in front and this is great for playing along with backing tracks from YouTube or Spotify. I use the headphone plug on my iRig 2 to run a stereo cord from the headphone plug to the 1/8 inch aux in on my amp. That way I get the volume of an amp without the amp coloring the sound. Running it through the aux in I guess skips the preamp and just runs through the amp speaker. I use my iPad‘s controls to control the volume up or down. It works great! to do this you have to go into settings and turn off the no feedback setting.

foundjoe

Tele-Holic
I have an iRig2 and run headphone audio into a Yamaha THR5, but I don’t use AmpliTube. I found other apps I like better. Overloud TH-U and Yonac ToneStack are my favorites, and the latter somehow makes the THR5 sound like I’m playing through a vintage amp. It’s pretty uncanny how strong the illusion is.

guitfiddles

Tele-Meister
I have Amplitube and recently got the AXE I/O Interface and it's freaking amazing all the tones and sounds I can get out of it. The only thing about playing through a plugin is that you can't get that reactive feedback that you can standing in front of an amplifier. Maybe you can and I just don't know how? I also have the Line 6 Helix Native plugin and Guitar Rig 6. I can't decide which is my favorite because they are all different and very very good. Even though I have all of these plugins I mostly play through my Boss Katana Head into a 2x12 cabinet. Sometimes I run my Fender 57 Champ into the 2x12 with a Line 6 HX Effects and that's fairly amazing sounding. The cool thing about the Line 6 Helix Native plugin is that I can build the presets on my laptop and then save it all to the HX Effects floor unit. There are so many options these days. It's a great time to be a guitar player!

EDIT: I mentioned above that I don't know how to get feedback using guitar software plugins. I figured it out actually! My AXE I/O interface has an "amp out" line. I tested it and can indeed go out to my amp. I haven't figured out how to get the sounds from the Amplitube plugin to actually go to the amp which is a bummer. I'm sure it probably can but I haven't figured it out. What this means is that I'm not actually hearing the sounds of the Amplitube software playing through my amp an I'm just hearing the sound of my actual amplifier. But, the point is that if I'm recording a rock guitar track into my DAW using Amplitube I can use the "amp out" line from the AXE I/O and set my amp on a loud rock guitar channel and indeed be able to record reactive feedback. I know this is kind of a tangent on the thread topic but wanted to share.

Last edited:

guitarndrms

Tele-Meister
I’ve just started messing around with the Irig and AmpliTube and deplike. I travel a good bit for work so I take my bullet tele and play along to backing tracks in the hotel rooms. I haven’t figured out the best way to run them yet. I can’t hardly adjust the volume independently between YouTube or the Amp sounds. Most likely a setting I haven’t found. I’m using my iPhone but I do have an iPad I could bring along too. Maybe someone can guide me? I had the Irig HD 2

Senor Blues

TDPRI Member
On iPad, I use AUM to host Overloud. When I want to jam with a video on YouTube I download it as mp4 with

Then I load AudioStretch and load the video. Open Audiostretch in AUm and can balance the guitar and video volume well. Also can do the same with Audiobus.

Screenshot
12916590-7DF4-4603-BB89-613233E3CC9F.png

foundjoe

Tele-Holic
I’ve just started messing around with the Irig and AmpliTube and deplike. I travel a good bit for work so I take my bullet tele and play along to backing tracks in the hotel rooms. I haven’t figured out the best way to run them yet. I can’t hardly adjust the volume independently between YouTube or the Amp sounds. Most likely a setting I haven’t found. I’m using my iPhone but I do have an iPad I could bring along too. Maybe someone can guide me? I had the Irig HD 2
If you’re using iPhone, there are many apps out there that are free and/or are relatively cheap — and arguably better than AmpliTube or Deplike. GE Labs, Tonebridge, JamUp, Overloud TH-U, Yonac Tonestack, Nembrini Audio, Bias Amps — and GarageBand has some decent amp sims. Different apps have certain features and amp sims that standout among its full list of offerings, so you can use GarageBand or mixing apps like AUM to play more than one amp-sim app at the same time and get the best features from each. IRIG lets you run audio out to an amp if you don’t want to wear ear buds. It’s a lot of fun. I barely play my real amps anymore.

guitarndrms

Tele-Meister
On iPad, I use AUM to host Overloud. When I want to jam with a video on YouTube I download it as mp4 with

Then I load AudioStretch and load the video. Open Audiostretch in AUm and can balance the guitar and video volume well. Also can do the same with Audiobus.

Screenshot View attachment 980040
Awesome, thanks for the tip!

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
I like Amplitube. I went thru a phase where I used it all the time, though I have gradually gravitated more toward a hardware interface - first others, but currently my Line 6 Pod 2.