1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Anybody use a DV Mark Micro 50 amp? Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by MuddyDitch, Nov 21, 2018.

1. barfoden

barfoden Tele-Meister

I would look into the new DV mark series which has a new look before I purchase an older model,,
    It is the same power stage but I heard a demo of the new micro 60 CMT and it seems brighter even with the treble set below noon,, and less bassy (bass pot just past noon),
    also the reverb on the demo was set just past noon and it did not sound like my amps reverb (micro 50 II) (slight modulated with a delay in there) ..
    Would make sense they made slight changes especially to the reverb if they read reviews on their amp..
    To bassy, not enough treble, and a weird sounding "reverb"..

2. Jammin'John

Jammin'John Friend of Leo's

To bassy, not enough treble, and a weird sounding "reverb".......... Yes. Speakers change that some......or a lot ! The 'verb is OK if barely on.

JJ

3. mad dog

mad dog Friend of Leo's

I have one of the CMT models. It's paired with a slightly oversized pine 1x12 cab from Peter Mather, with an old Alltone 1265 ceramic. I do not use the built in reverb, keep the bass down low. IMO, an excellent, smooth and rich sounding little amp. The 50 watts offer more volume with this one than I've heard with some other, similar power level SS amps.

4. Jammin'John

Jammin'John Friend of Leo's

Mine is a CMT too. LOUD little bugger.

JJ

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.