ANybody played a "Bluesman Vintage" -T Style?

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Mnewman123, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Mnewman123

Mnewman123 TDPRI Member

While visiting Nashville - I went to Corner Music - great little guitar shop. They had a "Bluesman Vintage" Tele style guitar - sort of like a Nash or K-Line, built by a small custom build shop in Tennessee that builds vintage-correct guitars. This was like a 51 or 52 Butterscotch relicked guitar that was just simply amazing. Everybody in the store was digging the guitar. I never heard of these but I was quite blown way at how amazing it sounded and played. Anybody play one? Would LOVE to own one.

2. John Scott

John Scott TDPRI Member

I have played a few of them!

3. Mnewman123

Mnewman123 TDPRI Member

Yes - I 'm sure you have! So Mr Scott do you sell thru any stores up here in the New York area? I would have bought your guitar at that store in Nashville - but I had recently purchased a Telecaster built by a local shop here in NYC - same general concept - relicd but with a thoroughly modern fret radius (maybe 10-15??) and very large frets - 6100s. At first I was put off by the large frets, but now I'm hooked. Anyway - your work is outstanding - best of luck!

bluesmanvintage likes this.
  4. capt pearl

capt pearl Tele-Meister

Corner is one of the GREAT electric shops. and Forks Drums next door is 2nd only to the Memphis Drum Shop (confession time - my best friend is a drummer. insert drum jokes here).

and *please* don't miss visiting Cotten Music and checking out to-die-for acoustics. That place is amazing and Kim and Darci are so great. My Taylor came from there (engleman spruce and mahogany 512 - a fingerpicker with the huevos to flatpick - thx Kim and D.Dugas!) and I've probably played mo betta guitars from there enuff to far surpass the cost of all my cars to date ;).

sorry to pimp yer thread but I love Corner. The just always have great guits there. Last time I was there I played a used John Jorgensen and the guitar player from Hayseed Dixie was there. He's purty good, too . . .

best,

capt p

HairyChapter likes this.
  5. RedDirt

RedDirt Tele-Meister

For those of you that have not seen it, there is a great review of one of John's guitars (using one of our bodies) in the May issue of Vintage Guitar (page 142)

6. Bodhisattva

Bodhisattva TDPRI Member

[​IMG]

best Tele i've ever had - going to sell the Nocaster and the 62 AVRI

Bigpernz likes this.
  7. Bodhisattva

Bodhisattva TDPRI Member

[​IMG]

Bigpernz likes this.
  8. horseman308

horseman308 Tele-Holic

1) Corner is awesome. I grew up down the street from them and spent many an hour after school there between high school and college.

2) I didn't know Cotten was still in business. My first guitar came from there. It's been 20 years or more since I set foot, but I had sworn it was in Hillsboro Village on 21st, so when I didn't see any signs last visit home, I assumed it had closed.

Geez, y'all make me miss home way more than I'm prepared for! Sorry for the hijack, but a nice trip down memory lane for me.

9. chilipepper205

chilipepper205 Tele-Meister

Cotten moved to Houston Street a couple years ago.

I have played many Bluesman Vintage Guitars at various shows and they all have played fantastic.

bluesmanvintage likes this.
  10. smurrayman1

smurrayman1 NEW MEMBER!

I've got a blonde with white guard and B-bender Bluesman Tele thats for sale. Unbelievable instrument. It's bad to the bone! Only reason I'm selling it is to get a second dobro for tuning options as that's my main instrument these days..

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.