1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

anybody have these medical symptoms ?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by collinsman, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Telesavalis

Telesavalis Friend of Leo's

I'm not a doctor, but sometimes I play one in radio commercials. However, if I were you I wouldn't be asking your questions on a guitar players forum. Insurance or not you need to seek professional medical attention before you wake up dead.

A couple of years ago I was on the phone with a good friend who described similar symptoms as you. I told him to hang up the phone and get to a hospital. His office was near Presby Hospital in Dallas so he drove over to the ER and it turned out he was having a heart attack. One of his arteries was 98% blocked. Two days in the hospital and a couple of stints later he was back home feeling a thousand percent better.

2. jefrs

jefrs Doctor of Teleocity

Despite my laconic comments earlier, I really do wish the OP well, they are probably just seeking reassurance, but I do entirely agree with Telesavalis - high thee to yon quack soonest, be a pest.

You are not celeriac, that is an vegetable related to celery. Btw farting is necessary and natural. However I wouldn't let one rip in the rest room where folks is eating their sandwich and having a cuppa, prolly best to nip into the toilet. Trumpet involuntary.

Migraine, I get those, can produce weird and wacky symptoms, just not those ones. Not migraine.

3. collinsman

collinsman Tele-Afflicted

If you read, I did go to ER & they found nothing ( EKG, MRI) - I really believe I have " Peripheral Neuropathy" symptoms ,match to a "T"

4. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

neurapathy sucks. it's screwed up my guitar playing ability to a degree.

best of luck to you.

5. bingy

bingy Friend of Leo's

Isn't "Peripheral Neuropathy" just the official term for the symptom?

6. blowtorch

hey collinsman, I get this message when trying to reply to your private message:

"collinsman has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

So I'll say it here, yeah it does sound like neurapathy to me, when I got it I couldn't hold a guitar pick either, or tie my shoes or work a doorknob for that matter. You need to get this diagnosed, whatever it is, like yesterday. Diabetes is manageable and other things are manageable too.

Hang in there, good luck and best wishes, I know it's scary

7. jc93230

jc93230 Tele-Holic

Agree! Back in the swine flu days there was an increase in GBS that was correlated to the flu vaccine. Even at that, the incidence of GBS was 1 in 100,000 higher than people who actually got the flu (which is also a factor in GBS)

8. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

That's how I have always understood it. I referred the OP to a forum of GB/CIDP sufferers, and it sure seems common for docs to not know about GB. I saw a family care doc that was filling in for my regular one, and he was just scratching his head, watching me walk on my toes, my heels, etc. So, just because one doc doesn't find anything, doesn't mean that an illness doesn't exist, and that a treatment can't be found. On the other hand, if you saw a neurologist, I would think that GB would be up on the list of possible diagnoses.

The big, big question is what is happening over time. Getting better or worse. More importantly, how is your breathing? Also, make sure you have people who either live with you, or who you can check in with every day, if not more frequently.

9. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Just wanted to check in to let you know I'm thinkin' about you and keeping you in my thoughts. Sure hope things will improve and you can recover fully...

10. voodoo_idol

voodoo_idol Friend of Leo's

Collinsman, did you read the links in my earlier post? Especially this one:
    http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/14941/1/Salty-Taste-in-Mouth-Causes.html

If you think the salty taste and peripheral numbness are linked and not coincidental, there are exactly two root conditions that are known to cause both symptoms: stroke or vitamin B12 deficiency. The ER should have been able to diagnose a stroke, but would be much less likely to look at B12 levels. For less than $10 you could rule that cause in or out (unless you need B12 injections).

B12 deficiency also causes facial and tongue numbness, fatigue, and loss of balance.

There are two forms of B12 commonly available:
    http://www.ehow.com/facts_7228631_methyl-b12-vs_-cyanocobalamin-b12.html

Anyone with peripheral neuropathy (from diabetes or otherwise) should look into the methylcobalamin form of B12 as a potential treatment.

11. surfoverb

surfoverb Doctor of Teleocity

neuropathy is just a symptom, you wanna find out the underlying cause if there is one. or it could be idiopathic.

diabetic neuropathies are common because excessive blood glucose leads to microvascular changes. serum glucose + hemoglobin =glycosylation. glycoprotein is a normal component of capillary base membranes, but increased causes thickening and damage which causes nerve hypoxia that manifests as numbness, paresthesia or pain.

12. Geo

Geo Poster Extraordinaire

Prolly drink a lot of water and best if filtered then of course stay close to
    bathroom. Hope that you get better soon!

13. furtherpale

furtherpale Former Member

any chance you have relatives in canada/australia/uk/europe where healthcare is free that you can somehow scam?

when a friend of mine from texas was sick and they thought she might have something serious (i forget what, huge long name i dont remember) she was going to fly over here and we were going to get married essentially to get free healthcare

14. jefrs

jefrs Doctor of Teleocity

Contrary to popular opinion, healthcare in the UK is not free, it comes out of our taxes. Same applies to most if not all of Europe. Visitors are usually covered by a reciprocal arrangements with their country, usually this means proof of health insurance.

15. blowtorch

collinsman any update for us? hope you're doing all right

16. blowtorch

Has anyone heard anything from collinsman?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.