Anybody have a Tremsetter on their strat?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Toadtele, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Toadtele

Toadtele Tele-Holic

I got my old friend of the wall last night for the first time in years. Other than the strings being pretty dead it felt great. I haven’t played a guitar with a tremolo in ages but when I went for it it felt weird. I remembered I have a tremsetter installed. I know I’ve had that thing in and out of that guitar a handful of times since 92’. But honestly I don’t know why. So I grabbed my other strat to compare. Turns out I have that one blocked.
    Anybody have a tremsetter? Why? Should I keep it in there. Maybe it just needs adjustment.

2. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire

I had one that came in a vintage strat I bought. I tried to set it per instructions a couple times. It seemed to do nothing for me. Took it off.

3. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I wish someone with some knowledge would chime in on this because I have wondered about those things forever. I would really like to have a strat with a functional whammy - both up and down - but every time I've tried to set one up that way, I ended with a disaster. but I've never had a chance to try a tremsetter.

4. Clive Hugh

Clive Hugh Tele-Afflicted

Had one, didn’t like it so it got biffed

5. Toadtele

Toadtele Tele-Holic

I spent a fair amount of time on it. Adjusted as best I could but there is still a discernible moment when it locks and unlocks. So I took it off. Happier without it but I do see the value in it when bending strings while there is an open string ringing.
    Not a significant enough value for me to deal with it.

thunderbyrd likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.