1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Anybody else not a fan of burst finishes?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by CleverNameHere, Jun 13, 2011.

Burst finishes: Your opinion

1. I'm Pro-Burst

151 vote(s)
    50.5%
  2. I'm Anti-Burst

42 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. I'm Burst Neutral

106 vote(s)
    35.5%
  1. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

+1

I like the traditional bursts.

Now, as a kid player, I avoided all bursts because I wanted to look "modern" and not old fashioned and I think a brash young guy who is gonna make some mistakes is taking on too much "expectational baggage" when he shows up on stage with a traditional burst guitar.

Now that all pretense is gone, I play anything I like the sound of. I am no longer worried even in the slightest what color looks right or wrong "on me" as I play.

++

Although this tiny off white Gibson reissue Melody Maker makes me look like a damned fool, I would say. :rolleyes:

2. Dwills94

Dwills94 Tele-Meister

i will gladly take that MM reissue off your hands. but i must say i was actually looking for a sunburst model :lol:

3. acousticman1

acousticman1 Tele-Meister

I really dislike bursts on flat top guitars (teles, LP specials). I think it makes the guitar look kinda cheap.

However, there is just something about how the color seems to flow on an carved or arch top guitar which looks so right with the shape of the wood.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.