Anybody else here regulary doing spontainus prophetic stuff with regularity!

Discussion in 'Worship Service Players' started by Ascension, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Ascension

Ascension Tele-Afflicted

I mean stuff where it's tottally off the cuff and you have no idea where you are going untill you get there. Songs written out of thin air on the spot in the flow of worship? I have been in circles where this is the norm for a number of years now. Ether in the IHP affiliate group here in Birmingham Prayer Furnace or outside many times in settings with other players that were just there and I don't even remember their names. It was just worship in the flow of the spirit stream of consciousness stuff that just came as a wave.
    Example form a couple weeks back at my home Church
    https://app.box.com/s/la36ozti7k2bm6ob8u4b4r13fdjoe9i4
    Birmingham Prayer furnace a few years ago and a really hard unusual knight of un planned war in the spirit.
    https://app.box.com/shared/x9bzd9cdm8
    Night at a Worship event at a local Church
    https://app.box.com/s/hi3so3xhrf4m758wxbvw
    Same place different night same team
    https://app.box.com/s/si1y0vger50vph3b2no0
    Playing at Cathedral with my old Friend Kent Henry
    https://app.box.com/s/358wy60ytczr02pi1xefh4m47106yfjp
    Open worship night at Cathedral
    https://app.box.com/s/y2820p0zr3d9k99v5z9tkr8kh182copg
    Fresh Oil
    https://app.box.com/s/hcffmbpity6127puiafl
    With Hope Reeder
    https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=6658240
    Friday Night FIRE!
    https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=9154663
    Set Free
    https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=6790849
    All totally unknown unwritten songs none of which have ever been played again or were planned /practiced in any way before they just came and i have over a hundred or so recordings like this playing with different teams in a number of different places.
    Who else here is doing this anybody??

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  2. GoldieLocks

GoldieLocks Tele-Afflicted

No. I'm a musician - NOT a prophet.

At the moment.

mRtINY likes this.
  3. Ascension

Ascension Tele-Afflicted

There is a difference in worship??

4. mRtINY

mRtINY Friend of Leo's

Prophets speak the truth - musicians sell the drama....

GoldieLocks likes this.
  5. SngleCoil

SngleCoil Tele-Holic

Absolutely....as long as someone remembers to build spontaneity into our tracks

logans_tele and mRtINY like this.
  6. Ascension

Ascension Tele-Afflicted

From Wikipedia under the term Prophecy and Christianity.

The New Testament refers to prophecy as one of the spiritual gifts given by the indwelling Holy Spirit[Rom 12:6]. From this, many Christians believe that the gift of prophecy is the supernatural ability to receive and convey a message from their God. The purpose of the message may be to "edify, exhort and comfort" the members of the Church. In this context, not all prophecies contain predictions about the future. The Apostle Paul teaches in First Corinthians that prophecy is for the benefit of the whole Church and not just of the individual exercising the gift.[1 Cor. 14:22]

According to Walter Brueggemann, the task of prophetic (Christian) ministry is to nurture, nourish and evoke a consciousness and perception alternative to the consciousness and perception of the dominant culture.[14] A recognized form of Christian prophecy is the "prophetic drama" which Frederick Dillistone describes as a "metaphorical conjunction between present situations and future events".[15]
    Now tell me this is NOT what we do ( or at least SHOULD be doing!!)

King David also AGREED!!
    1 Chronicles 25 New International Version (NIV)
    The Musicians
    25 VS-1 David, together with the commanders of the army, set apart some of the sons of Asaph, Heman and Jeduthun for the ministry of prophesying, accompanied by harps, lyres and cymbals.

7. Ascension

Ascension Tele-Afflicted

Boy is THAT an oxymoron!!

dan1952 likes this.
  8. mRtINY

mRtINY Friend of Leo's

http://www.keepbelieving.com/caiaphas-unconscious-prophecy/

Ascension likes this.
  9. dmitri

dmitri Tele-Holic

My team - we only have 1 team - plays a lot of spontaneous improvisational music. Often it is based on a continuation of the previous song, such as vamping the last line or two with new words and different rhythmic or melodic ideas, but keeping the basic harmonic content.

65 Champ Amp, Ascension and mRtINY like this.
  10. GoldieLocks

The power of music:

I Samuel 16:23, "And it came to pass, when the [evil] spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him."

The first telecaster? Hmmm... although I think Motley Crue has the opposite effect.

Although, If I was an Evil spirit --- I might leave too if somebody broke out the harp.

[​IMG]

Ascension likes this.
  11. GoldieLocks

There's a huge danger and challenge with spontaneous worship:

Who's in charge? What is their theology? Are their emotions getting carried away and scaring off non-charismatic folks (I've watched a few churches bore the crap out of visitors with 25 minute emotional spiritual rants with 2 chord vamps of emotion). Sure, its fun for the band to think they're in the Grateful Dead but most non-musicians would rather be singing in Unison to a shorter song they know and understand.

But on the other hand: music shouldn't necessarily be sterile and fully worked out: even Symphony orchestra's do Concerto's with improvised solos. And we all know that Black Gospel music has given us some of the best inspirational jams EVER! But they should have limits and responsibilities to the Church.

I don't go to church to be Emotional. Some do. We must compromise. Nobody tolerates emotional Janitors, or electricians, or Nursery care-workers ---- or airplane pilots. Or Church Soundmen???

The only time I will accept that a musician is filled with the Spirit at church: is when they break into a Bible reading... and keep their opinions (and performance) to themselves. It's all about the Big Guy.

mRtINY likes this.
  12. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I am all for the Spirit taking over in any way that suits Him - but I have not ever had this experience. I have been in services where it has happened though, years ago.

13. Ascension

Ascension Tele-Afflicted

Never had a problem been doing this for almost 20 years now so---. Who says that the Preaching is more important than the worship?? the Scripture sure doesn't . Where is the passage that we should be singing along with some pre written song?? Love for you to show me because i think it doesn't exist!
    The problem with today's religion is it's just that dead dry RELIGION traditions that have no power.
    Where are the healing the changed hearts how many have you seen in tears in the altars of where you go. The bible says this
    Sing to the LORD, All the Earth
    1Sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth. 2Sing to the LORD, praise His name; proclaim His salvation day after day.… psalm 96
    Psalm 33:3
    Sing to Him a new song; play skillfully with a shout of joy.
    Psalm 40:3
    He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.
    Revelation 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, You are worthy to take the book, …
    Psalm 98:1 O sing to the LORD a new song; for he has done marvelous things: …

Revelation 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before …

It's over and ovr and OVER again SING A NEW SONG UNTO THE LORD not have a sing along guys!!
    When it comes together THIS happens!

2 Chron 5
    12 and the Levites who were the singers, all those of Asaph and Heman and Jeduthun, with their sons and their brethren, stood at the east end of the altar, clothed in white linen, having cymbals, stringed instruments and harps, and with them one hundred and twenty priests sounding with trumpets— 13 indeed it came to pass, when the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the Lord, and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of music, and praised the Lord, saying:

For He is good,
    For His mercy endures forever,”

that the house, the house of the Lord, was filled with a cloud, 14 so that the priests could not e]">[e]continue ministering because of the cloud; for the glory of the Lord filled the house of God.
    My old friend Shawn Lombard asks a question we both have asked together on stage playing worship sets before the likes of John Paul Jackson , Paul Kieth Davis, Bob Jones Bobby Connors and many others in conference settings many times here on his Thunder on the Mountain CD with Dave Beagle on guitar.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    EddieLocrian likes this.
  14. flyingbanana

flyingbanana Poster Extraordinaire

Many people I've spoken with over the years who call themselves Christians do not accept the Holy Spirit, because they have been deceived by many of today's ministers. For whatever reason, they feel that the Spirit of the Creator is not among us in modern times.

But if we read at the end of Revelation 19:10,
    "For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."

So, we must accept that the Holy Spirit exists, but to also remember that the spirit of prophecy is always subject to the prophet...meaning that divine wisdom and prayer and humbleness should always be in mind so that we don't have spiritual chaos in the church. As it is, the church today lacks any real discernment.

Ymmv

15. GoldieLocks

The last place somebody should look for discernment is the CHURCH BAND. From my experience.

mRtINY likes this.
  16. Ascension

Ascension Tele-Afflicted

Sad statement bro but one I can understand. May be my environment but a lot of the true Psalmist I run with make folk uncomfortable due to having a true gift of discernment. They freak folk out by calling out stuff they have no natural way of knowing. I ALSO HAVE DEALT WITH THE TREND WHERE A CHURCH WILL HIRE AND PAY FOLK FOR A WORSHIP BAND THAT DON'T KNOW GOD FROM A FENCE POST BUT CAN PLAY. That is NOT what i am talking about here. There are MANY of us here eat sleep and breath worship we long for a day where we can build a 24/7 365 day a year Prayer room and would in a heart beat drop everything to LIVE there! In that environment things just happen for us it's as normal as breathing to play a 2 hour set of nothing but spontaneous stuff it's normal to do a set in an event like a secular fest and see folk get hammered by the Spirit. Also most pastors i have worked with will work WITH the praise team in a service at times to go into the spirit and minster.
    Examples are here as the worship leader IS the Pastor. Here we were playing a local women's ministry to cose out a 27 hour Prayer Furnace.

Same team opening another Furnace at the same place.

City wide conference working with the minstry team

Redigging the Wells 200th anniversary Fort Jackson creek treaty where most of Alabama , Georgia and Mississippi was STOLEN from the Creeks. Here we are called on stage to pick up our "weapons of mass destruction" by Yuchi Chief Nigle big Pond.

Redigging the Wells 2013 on the 50th anniversary weekend of the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing with many actual survivors of that bombing in attendance.

asatattack likes this.
  17. EddieLocrian

EddieLocrian Tele-Afflicted

Used to when i was in a team around 1998-2000.
    Loved it.

18. GoldieLocks

Great Sign: (did anyone else spot it?)

"Be STILL and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

mRtINY likes this.
  19. GoldieLocks

But it's also a joy to see people excited about Worship. Very Cool!

I get excited about theological insights and the Bible becoming made more clear. Knowing my Savior better. But to each their own.

20. Special Tom

Special Tom Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

And yet the congregation was moving quite a bit

mRtINY likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.