1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Anybody else have a Loog?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by naveed211, Oct 20, 2020.

1. naveed211

naveed211 Tele-Afflicted

So in December of last year I ordered what would be my son's birthday present, a Loog electric guitar, one of the three-string kids models. His birthday is in April. They were already backordered as it was, and then of course COVID hit which pushed them back even further.

Finally, today we got the guitar. He's five, so who knows if he'll stick with it, but at least today he seemed pretty excited to just strum the thing open. The body construction seems really solid actually, I was impressed. Has a nice seafoam green type finish, and comes with a Tele neck pickup placed in the middle. Has a built in amp, but you can also plug it into a real amp, and it sounded pretty cool actually through my amp. My son had fun playing it through that, especially when I turned on a flanger pedal. He liked that.

Gotta say though, maybe my expectations are way too high for a $100 guitar, even if I did wait almost a year for it, but this thing does not stay in tune worth a damn. Like as bad as the plastic $30 ukulele my parents got for him a couple Christmases ago. Intonation is horrible. I mean, I know these are fixable things if I want to put more money into this, and he doesn't care one way or the other right now, but I'm kinda chapped by it.

I know Loog seems to have a pretty good reputation from what I've read, or it seems like it at least. Again, maybe I'm expecting way too much, but it is still a brand new guitar from a company that seems like they care, it's not like I bought this thing off a shelf at a toy store.

Eh, that's my semi-rant I guess. It does look cool and sound decent, at least.

2. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

I just coughed one up.

rangercaster and naveed211 like this.
  3. naveed211

naveed211 Tele-Afflicted

Man, I was expecting that response somewhere on the first page. Second post in, this thread will go well.

4. Mouth

Mouth Tele-Afflicted

Was it sea foam green?

drf64, naveed211 and rangercaster like this.
  5. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Afflicted

Never heard of them. There are small squier and epiphone guitars that were ok.at staying in tune, but Intonation isn't really huge on a $100 reduced scale neck.

I would have higher expectations about it staying in tune, so you are justified in that, in my opinion .

naveed211 likes this.
  6. Deeve

Deeve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

. . . ship it off to @FenderGyrl and when she's done, it'll be ready for a 14 state tour. . .

naveed211 likes this.
  7. loopfinding

loopfinding Tele-Holic

i've thought about buying one of these and tuning it shamisen or sanshin style and learning minyo. or getting my takeshi terauchi on.

8. naveed211

naveed211 Tele-Afflicted

Yeah, my son on the first day wasn’t too interested in fretting notes, so after a while I tuned the strings to the top three strings of open D so it was musical at least.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.