any xotic pedal users

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by paisley692, May 3, 2013.

1. p8t8r

p8t8r Tele-Meister

BB Preamp Plus - any drive you want and a great boost / tone colorizer.

2. JakeStone

JakeStone Tele-Meister

I'll join in!

I have a Andy Timmons BB Preamp it has never left my Live Board.

Picked up a SL Drive a month or so ago... Now I got my 70's Balls to the wall rock tone !

Think I'll pick up a SP Comp soon.

3. Nicky V Hines

Nicky V Hines TDPRI Member

I work on cruise ships so traveling with a small board that covers Rock, Disco, Funk, Jazz, MoTown, Latin, and everything else you can think of is rather important. I run a BB and SP with a few eatherquaker pedals and everything works well. The BB is incredibly flexible and cleans up with the volume knob nicely. The SP is small and I would put it up against any other compressor I have played.

4. Hollandcaster

Hollandcaster Tele-Holic

I need to update!
    I replaced the AC and BB midboost a few months ago for an AC+ and BB+
    [​IMG]

5. tweeddeluxe

tweeddeluxe Tele-Afflicted

SL drive. One of the few pedals I've liked instantly out of the box.

6. Eddie_Gtrman

Eddie_Gtrman TDPRI Member

I've used an RC Booster and AC Booster on my main board for a few years. I'm currently thinking about getting an SP Comp since it has the blend and it's a mini pedal.

When I do fly dates or need a really small board, I use a Sparkle Drive and the AC Booster.

I really like Xotic Effects, especially because they're not only doing the "amp in a box" thing - they're doing their thing and they sound excellent!

7. dalandan

dalandan Tele-Afflicted

I've tried almost all their pedals. Great quality construction and sound-wise.

I only kept the RC Booster. I have the silver sparkle version with serial #1. It boosts your treble and mids. Great for cutting through and making your rhythm parts pop.

I had a BB Preamp but the sound wasn't the one I liked. If you want Marshall-y mids and compression, it's good for that.

The AC Booster I found to be a bit harsh. I wouldn't know how it sounds in a live setting but on its own it was pretty brittle. Supposedly the same as an RC Booster with a few parts changes.

The EP Booster adds a lot of bass and lower mids to your tone. It's useful if you want that fat tone but I like the unaffected clean tone of a tele more. This is almost OD like in its response to your playing.

The Robotalk is a lot of fun. I just can't use it probably due to a lack of creativity.

The Brute Drive was too heavy for me but in the hands of the right player and genre of music, it will do its job really well.

8. Ian T

Ian T Tele-Holic

I had a RC Booster and EP booster. I sold them both shortly after getting them. Kind of felt like I had been suckered by hyped up threads, you know, the internet guerrilla marketing/forum fad train phenomenon.

They didn't work for me. Just like all pedals, they have to work well with the many other variables of your rig.

9. Slidedude

Slidedude Tele-Holic

SP compressor here. I use it on Low as an "always on" effect to sweeten things up. For some songs I reach down and flip it to Med and use it as a boost to push my dirt pedals to a solo. It's always on when I play slide stuff. The Blend control is a huge feature.

10. Nicky V Hines

Nicky V Hines TDPRI Member

image-1942561129.jpg

Couldn't be happier with the BB and SP.

11. J200george

J200george TDPRI Member

SP AND EP here, mostly both are on for single coils I tend to take off the compressor with my my LP custom or Angus SG.

When they are on I tend to keep em on quite low.

I am no pedal expert though.

12. nashmaniac

nashmaniac TDPRI Member

I have an EP booster and the BB+ overdrive. The BB+ I can set two overdrive sounds and can stack the too. I'm buying an SL drive tomorrow as a matter of fact. Love Xotic. If I didn't already have my Wampler Ego Compressor I'd get the Xotic.

13. gridlock

gridlock Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I own an EP Booster. Like it, just wish that I was still playing in a band where I could use it to its full potential.

14. RockerDuck

RockerDuck Friend of Leo's

I use the BBpreamp and RC booster. That's all the dirt I need on the road.

15. Dcs25

Dcs25 TDPRI Member

My Xotic AC booster and EP are the 2 pedals I can't do without (oh and carbon copy). Tried the ac+... didn't think it was as good as the single ac. Thinking about getting another ac and see what 2 sound like stacked together... expensive experiment.:?:

16. BOBBRADLEY

BOBBRADLEY TDPRI Member

Xotic wah!

17. peterfrey2000

peterfrey2000 TDPRI Member

I have six pedals on my board including a tuner. Four are Xotic pedals including the EP booster, RC Booster, AC Booster and BB Booster. I have other overdrives including the Zen Drive, Tim, Timmy and Blues Driver, by the Xotic pedals just seem to sound the best with my guitars and amps.

18. Pajama

Pajama Tele-Meister

Me too. Before owning the SP I was never really a compressor fan. The SP turned me into a compressor fan.

19. TelePrankster

TelePrankster Tele-Meister

I needed more space on my pedalboard so I started to look around until I found the SP compressor.
    After a very accurate comparison I ended up selling my Barber Tone Press and keeping the SP. They're both Ross based and very similar, but the SP is more versatile and capable of more compression, even if I like it subtle. Plus, it's so tiny!
    I tend to prefer old school vintage big ass pedals but in this case it was too obvious, considering the situation.

This was the first Xotic pedal I bought and it literaly blew my mind. Always on for months at unity gain just for the tone and dynamics. I tried it also at the beginning of the chain, in the middle, at the end, pre or post OD. It sounds great everywhere.
    I consider it more like an effect, to be honest. It's great as a boost but I think a lot of people leave it always on at unity gain.

20. Gatordad

Gatordad TDPRI Member

Have had the EP booster and RC Booster for a while. Recently got the Limited Edition SL Drive (chrome face) that included an Xotic voltage doubler and liked them so much I bought a second. Have one SL set on Super Lead and the other on Super Bass. Both sound great through my rig.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.