Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by restorationad, Sep 12, 2012.
Time to fix up the headstock
And here we are
And back to the other 7 string I was working on that I changed my mind on its top. Finally decided on one. Figured Tigerwood.
Added the tigerwood headplate
I love that ziricote fretboard!
I was pretty lazy this weekend. Just seemed too nice to be in the garage.
Here is the result of the headplate melt.
Took way longer to get here than it should have.
More side dots.
Wookie top sanded out.
Headplate and headstock shaped, maybe some side dots? Maybe not.
That "Wookie top" is awesome.
Headstock, Neck and Smoking Barrels
Drilling tuners in headstocks
Test fit on tuners
I have moved the nut seating process up in the chain. It is easier to properly set the nut while the fretboard is still flat. Also helps prevent scratches on finished fretboards.
Into the contraption.
The striations in the fretboard are not scratches but the grain of the bocote.
Headstocks get sanded out to 400 grit at this point as well because it is easier to do it at this stage.
Working on a bolt on prototype. First pass is just junk pine body to get the idea going in the right direction. Trying to get a serious Tele vibe with this one. I think the next pass will be more of an S9 super strat though as I am not sure anyone really wants a modern single cut with tele sized pickups (except me of course... I am using dual blade hbs in this).
Everything is happy...
Pretty sure this one was my fault. When I built the gcode I think the tabs got left out. So the body came lose and then the bit caught it. Luckily I was standing right next to it and was able to stop it before it broke the machine.
The body got dinged a bit but nothing I am worried about.