any Tebow fans here

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by LeftyAl, Nov 27, 2011.

1. LeftyAl

LeftyAl Friend of Leo's

They played like crap, but they got out of San Diego with a WIN He did get them down the field to set up that field goal.Not pretty ,but another win for the kid

2. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I'm not particularly a fan, but have been very impressed with the Broncos' ability to win this way. And I give props to Tebow for getting it done when it matters most.

But take a look at how many points the defense has allowed in his (6?) starts, and look how many points they allowed before he started.

Credit to him for getting them in position for the last 3 of their 16 total points, but credit goes more to the Denver D for continually shutting down the Chargers, particularly in the 4th and OT quarters.

They gave up 45 in a loss to Detroit, and gave up 24 against the Raiders. Credit to Tebow and the offense and special teams, they did rack up 38 against Oakland and got the W.

But when all you have to score is greater than 15 (Dolphins), 10 (Chiefs), 13 (Jets), and 13 (Chargers), it does make the job a little easier.

All this said, it's all about W's in the NFL, so props to Tebow AND the Denver Broncos for turning this thing around (so far).

3. tele-bastard

tele-bastard Friend of Leo's

Tebow is something else for sure. Seems special, like he wont be denied no matter how much he is ridiculed. I never watched him in college. Good for him.

4. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

He did a lot of the same stuff in college, however, he usually did it for 4 quarters! LOL

5. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Beyond his spectacular QB play, you know it was Tebow who willed that Chargers FG to go wide in OT.

No way that guy was making that.

Always good to see Brian Dawkins win too.

6. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

no

7. taxer

taxer Banned

Never liked him, actually despised him.

Then he beat the Jets last week and now I love the guy. Rooted for him in today's game against the Chargers.

I liked what he said to Shannon Sharpe before today's game. Sharpe asked him if he is bothered by the fact that he can't do what a QB is supposed to do - pass the ball. Tebow with a gentle smile said, "I think what a QB is supposed to do is win." Great answer and I realize he is right.

8. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

"Tim Tebow is not a great QB. What Tim Tebow is, is a valuable QB." - Tony Dungy

He went on to say that Tim makes everyone on the team, offense and defense, want to win even more, and they all play harder because of it.

I don't know, I'm fine with the guy. Apparently there is much more to Tim Tebow the person than we as average football fans could ever really know about, since we'll never have that locker-room, team-mate type of friendship with the guy.

I'm great friends with a former NCAA football player, and he inspires me to try harder at everything that we do together. It may sound a little dorky, but I love hanging out with the guy cause he makes me want to do everything I do, better. Maybe that's how Tebow is too.

9. ce24

ce24 Poster Extraordinaire

If he keeps running the ball he won't last long! hell lose a knee then his terrible footwork will get worse. Not a fan or a hater just seein it comin and it's too bad cause it looks like he could have a good career.

10. banjohabit

banjohabit Tele-Holic

if you like exciting football it's sorta hard not to like the guy.

11. LeftyAl

LeftyAl Friend of Leo's

You have to give Tebow a little time. He's a rookie ,He was put in the starting spot in game 5.There have been many great quarterbacks who had very bad first and second years on a team.I think he is going to be a great one.John Elway criticized him last week.I don't think Elways first years were so great.

12. Panheadless

Panheadless Tele-Holic

Bear Bryant said of the late Pat Trammell, "He can't run, he can't pass, all he can do is win."
    Some of the animus for Tebow is grounded in other than ability or lack thereof at his position, unless 5-1 since he started somehow shows that he's terrible.

13. Joe Sailor

Joe Sailor Tele-Afflicted

[QUOTE="
    Some of the animus for Tebow is grounded in other than ability or lack thereof at his position, unless 5-1 since he started somehow shows that he's terrible."[/QUOTE]

+1

14. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

he won me over today. I thought he threw pretty well... the rest I already knew...

I think I'm starting to believe... that he isn't a joke and that he might be really good....

that would be really fun as he would be a lot more fun to talk/hear about than like Tony Romo....

I thought he played well today and seems to be improving....

15. eggman

eggman Friend of Leo's

Howdy,

Tebow is the second coming of former Vikings QB Joe Kapp..but with alot more muscle. I still say he might well be put to better use at runningback. He's football player, though!

16. Gilamnstr

Gilamnstr Tele-Afflicted

Tebow is still young and raw as a QB - his skills aren't polished, but he's highly driven to succeed and to win. That's a quality that will often overcome other shortcomings. I think he'll end up being a premier QB in the league once he refines his mechanics. I'm a lifelong Charger fan so it's hard to root for the Broncos, but it's going to be very interesting to watch the "Tebow Train".

17. Fearnot

Fearnot Friend of Leo's

1) He's not a rookie, he's in his second-year.

2) Good luck to him, but face facts; this is the NFL and running QBs get hurt. A lot.

18. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

I'm more of an E-Bow fan m'seff.
    YEP!!!

19. Soldano ROS

Soldano ROS Tele-Meister

I really started liking him last years. His late game marches down the field are exciting to watch. His determination is unreal.

20. TeleBrew

TeleBrew Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I wouldn't call myself a fan, per se, in fact I was a huge doubter at first. But he has me interested in watching the Broncos again after the Josh McDaniels debacle soured me on them.

It's hard to deny that the Broncos defense deserves more credit than it's been receiving, and one could argue that the Broncos might have won some of these games by a more comfortable margin with a more "orthodox" QB at the helm. But Orton inspired no one, apparently, and Tebow fires people up. Go Tebow!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.