Any Programs to Tab for Treble Clef?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by teledubya, Jun 11, 2008.

1. teledubya

teledubya TDPRI Member

Hi, a dear friend a mine is a foreign exchange student that came to my school this year. She plays the violin and one day I introduced her to The Devil Went Down To Georgia. To my surprise she actually liked it and wanted to learn how to play it. I am trying to figure out, at least the intro on guitar and then convert into music on the treble clef (which is what violin music is in). So I was wondering if anyone knew of any FREE programs on the internet that I could use to convert this. Or possibly, any place where I could get very accurate free violin music for the entire piece if possible!! But she leaves in about a week :cry: so I need to figure out something for her soon!!

2. DrunkRock

DrunkRock TDPRI Member

Powertab would do it, but it will be a less than ideal solution. Wouldn't it help to be able to read music for guitar right now? :p

3. Dan German

Dan German Poster Extraordinaire

4. teledubya

teledubya TDPRI Member

Alright, thanks to both of ya. I'll definitely check both of those out.
    And yes, I must agree with you drunkrock. It is a good thing to be able to read music. Although I mostly use tabs for guitar, I find it more challenging to figure out notes on the guitar than piano, especially because of the piano's patterns that has each notes appearance be the same in every octave on the keyboard, easily recognizable.

5. SixStringSlinger

SixStringSlinger Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I dunno if you can get if for free, but Guitar Pro shows both tab and treble clef (or bass clef) at once. You can type right on the tab staff or click the notes on a little guitar neck. It can be a bit of a pain sometimes (choosing how long the note lasts, then choosing the actual note, then choosing whatever effect like a bend, side etc.), but you can get some speed with it pretty quick. It's very intuitive.

6. FirstBassman

FirstBassman Friend of Leo's

7. superchicken_VI

superchicken_VI Friend of Leo's

Yes, but new members often don't know about the search function, or the best way to use it. SO, I'll give the benefit of the doubt and welcome a new Telecaster player to the forum!

Also, this could be a good exercise for you to improve your skills for reading. Once you transcribe in TAB, you simply take a few minutes to transcribe from TAB to treble notation. A 5th string 7th fret is an E everytime, as long as you're in standard tuning, just like a white key between a black key below and a white key above is an E. It shouldn't take very long to do. Probably less time than entering a TAB into the computer...

8. SatelliteOrders

SatelliteOrders Friend of Leo's

I don't know about tab conversion, but I know you can lay it out with Finale NotePad, which is a free download.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.