Any Problems With Your Tele?

Moonraker5

Tele-Meister
Almost as a public service thread, tell of any problems (major or minor) that you have had with your Telecaster...and tell of your fix if one was done.

Two minor problems with my purchased new Joe Strummer Telecaster:

1. STATIC!
New guitar and anything I touched I would get a crackling static sound coming through the amp. Damn! Guys at forums recommended removing the pickguard and placing one of those fabric softening sheets that you throw in the clothes dryer. I took off the pickguard, wiped down the guts of the guitar with the static cling sheet, and sealed in a new sheet when I screwed down the pickguard. Fixed. Static noises were gone.

2. FRET SPROUT
Yes, a definite problem with my Tele. The guitar has no neck binding, so where I live in dry winter NY, fret sprout is going to occur. To defeat it, come wintertime, I throw in two guitar humidifiers into the case (thankfully there is ample space in the case for them) and that does the trick of keeping the winter fret sprout at bay.

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Almost as a public service thread, tell of any problems (major or minor) that you have had with your Telecaster...and tell of your fix if one was done.
Two minor problems with my purchased new Joe Strummer Telecaster:
1. STATIC!
New guitar and anything I touched I would get a crackling static sound coming through the amp. Damn! Guys at forums recommended removing the pickguard and placing one of those fabric softening sheets that you throw in the clothes dryer. I took off the pickguard, wiped down the guts of the guitar with the static cling sheet, and sealed in a new sheet when I screwed down the pickguard. Fixed. Static noises were gone.

2. FRET SPROUT
Yes, a definite problem with my Tele. The guitar has no neck binding, so where I live in dry winter NY, fret sprout is going to occur. To defeat it, come wintertime, I throw in two guitar humidifiers into the case (thankfully there is ample space in the case for them) and that does the trick of keeping the winter fret sprout at bay.
It's common. The wipe down will likely just cure it temporarily. Shield the guitar, grounding the pickguard and it will be gone permanently.

Dukex

Tele-Afflicted
Just doesn't play as well as it could, but I know the problem...

The player, me.🤢

dlew919

Doctor of Teleocity
It fell forward. Chipped a fret. Only solution is a level and polish. Ah well.