Any Pink Floyd Fans Out There?

Refugee

Tele-Afflicted
For some reason I thought it was a Tele. As someone else pointed out, Gilmourish.com lists all the gear for each album and he has it as a Strat.

It didn't make sense that the song is in the key of G but had an F chord (vs F#dim). I found out later that bands flat the 7 chord in rock.

Thanks for sharing the video. Never seen that before. I wonder why Nick Mason isn't playing drums..

You're loading stuff into a Digitech Trio instead of using the backing tracks on Gilmourish.com? Why? I used to have my own Gilmouraoke machine setup in my room. That's how I learned Comfy Numb. Mic up the Two Rock, mic your mouth, run the BT, and have a monitor. I used a cheap 10 channel Yamaha mixer, with rack effects through the aux bus. It was great fun.
Like many bands mine used to cover Fearless. I tried to take a stab at, Coming Back to Life, but vocally it was a bit out of my range. Really fun to just wail over on guitar! Such a great melody.

Refugee

Tele-Afflicted
I am sure the gilmourish equipment listing is right -- that guy has done a ton of research!! So we can settle on Strat for the original, like the rest of the AHM album.

The video I posted is Gilmour's band from 2006 or so -- same as on the Live In Gdansk set I believe. Steve diStanislao on drums, along with long-time sideman Guy Pratt on bass, Rick Wright playing some of his final shows, Phil Manzanera on guitar.

Saw that tour. Had a blast and they just killed! One guy that often gets left out in mentions is Jon Carrin. That guy almost always gets the call. Whether it's Gilmour or Waters, that guy is usually in the lineup. Great voice, can do upper harmonies, great 12-string acoustic, for the old Wish You Were Here, and lap steel, a great keyboard player. What a cool skill set that guy has!

Was watching Waters, "In The Flesh," from 2000 tour with Snowy White and Doyle Bramhall II. What an awesome show that was. Dogs is amazing. Four guys gather round and play cards (Gin, maybe) while the girls sit on stool and drink big umbrella drinks. Great performances by all!

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
I'm recording some PF songs that have a Telecaster into a Digitech Trio (haven't built a new DAW yet). I already did Corporal Clegg and am doing Astronomy Domine right now. Dogs and Sheep from the Animals album were also on Teles but they are a bit long. I had also recorded Fat Old Sun with my Strat and the outro solo is fun to play. What sucks is that I can't sing though. It is still all fun to play.

Anyone else doing something similar? I'm doing a few Yes songs after that with my George Benson guitar. Steve Howe has a few Tele songs but they are long.

My 16 year old daughter is tired of hearing me talk about this so I thought I would share here...
Way Huge PF Fan here.
Thanks for sharing.

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
One guy that often gets left out in mentions is Jon Carrin. That guy almost always gets the call. Whether it's Gilmour or Waters, that guy is usually in the lineup. Great voice, can do upper harmonies, great 12-string acoustic, for the old Wish You Were Here, and lap steel, a great keyboard player.
Yes Jon Carin is a very safe pair of hands and more... he got the gig for Kate Bush's Before The Dawn shows too.

johnnylaw

Friend of Leo's
I got carded on my 30th birthday at a Pink Floyd concert.
Huge Piper at the Gates of Dawn fan.
I limit my writing and playing to what I CAN sing, and rock ain’t it.

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Yes Jon Carin is a very safe pair of hands and more... he got the gig for Kate Bush's Before The Dawn shows too.
I asked Bob Hickey, Nick masons Drum tech from Delicate sound of thunder tour If Tony Levin ever did any shows on that tour as he appeared on the album Momentry Lapse of Reason album , He would have been my #1 choice to replace Waters, Bob said no , and Carin did a fantastic job no complaints here.

Bourbon Burst

Tele-Meister
Thanks for posting that gem!!! The Tea Set??

Anyone post this interview with the chain smoking Austrian violinist/music critic??

The interviewer was definitely off school and he didn't think too much of PF and pretty much said it at the end. I wonder if he ever realized how big they became later.

ZackyDog

Friend of Leo's
Thanks for posting that gem!!! The Tea Set??

Anyone post this interview with the chain smoking Austrian violinist/music critic??

You're welcome.

I had to look up The Tea Set. I learned something new. It could be from those early recordings.

That's interesting interview where the critic doesn't realize that they need higher wattage amps to be heard in the big dance halls.

Bourbon Burst

Tele-Meister
You're loading stuff into a Digitech Trio instead of using the backing tracks on Gilmourish.com? Why? I used to have my own Gilmouraoke machine setup in my room. That's how I learned Comfy Numb. Mic up the Two Rock, mic your mouth, run the BT, and have a monitor. I used a cheap 10 channel Yamaha mixer, with rack effects through the aux bus. It was great fun.
Like many bands mine used to cover Fearless. I tried to take a stab at, Coming Back to Life, but vocally it was a bit out of my range. Really fun to just wail over on guitar! Such a great melody.
I forgot about the tracks on Gilmourish. I still little to record the chords along with the leads.

I have a guitar magazine that has the tab and came with a backing track CD for Comfortably Numb. I'm burned out on that song and really like the music they put out before the wall.

68Telebass

Friend of Leo's
You're welcome.

I had to look up The Tea Set. I learned something new. It could be from those early recordings.

That's interesting interview where the critic doesn't realize that they need higher wattage amps to be heard in the big dance halls.
Yeah…I was a big Syd fan. Had his solo albums (polished with the help of Gilmour and Wright..)

Only recently did I actually realize how SUDDEN his meltdown was. It was literally from like June to August 1967. 10 weeks or so. After that it was…just….:cry:

Refugee

Tele-Afflicted
I forgot about the tracks on Gilmourish. I still little to record the chords along with the leads.

I have a guitar magazine that has the tab and came with a backing track CD for Comfortably Numb. I'm burned out on that song and really like the music they put out before the wall.

Yeah, there's all kinds of stuff from before the Wall.

ZackyDog

Friend of Leo's
Yeah…I was a big Syd fan. Had his solo albums (polished with the help of Gilmour and Wright..)

Only recently did I actually realize how SUDDEN his meltdown was. It was literally from like June to August 1967. 10 weeks or so. After that it was…just….:cry:
Yes, very sad. And some people wouldn't leave him alone in his personal life.

1646622937937.png

wulfenganck

Tele-Afflicted
Great band, from the quirky Syd Barrett days onwards they always had a couple of great songs on their albums. And "Comfortably Numb" is without a doubt a masterpiece.
We only did "Have A Cigar" once, because we're more into funk and New Wave and 99% of Pink Floyd doesn't really match our program. But that one was fun to play.