Any Pink Floyd Fans Out There?

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
I'm recording some PF songs that have a Telecaster into a Digitech Trio (haven't built a new DAW yet). I already did Corporal Clegg and am doing Astronomy Domine right now. Dogs and Sheep from the Animals album were also on Teles but they are a bit long. I had also recorded Fat Old Sun with my Strat and the outro solo is fun to play. What sucks is that I can't sing though. It is still all fun to play.

Anyone else doing something similar? I'm doing a few Yes songs after that with my George Benson guitar. Steve Howe has a few Tele songs but they are long.

My 16 year old daughter is tired of hearing me talk about this so I thought I would share here...
To answer the question, yes I'm a fan of Pink Floyd -- everything up to The Final Cut, but their post-Waters records can't keep my attention. (Neither can Roger's post-Floyd records!)

Regarding Fat Old Sun, Gilmour certainly used his Tele for that in recent years - I thought it was a Tele on the original record but maybe not.

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Saw them in 71 on Halloween night. 3 bucks.
Loved the surround sound they did with steps..
I liked them in the spacey days with saucerful of secrets
Some others were good too meddle.. Like
any band I thought they sold out later in their years
and a tad too poppy.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
I'm recording some PF songs that have a Telecaster into a Digitech Trio (haven't built a new DAW yet). I already did Corporal Clegg and am doing Astronomy Domine right now. Dogs and Sheep from the Animals album were also on Teles but they are a bit long. I had also recorded Fat Old Sun with my Strat and the outro solo is fun to play. What sucks is that I can't sing though. It is still all fun to play.

Anyone else doing something similar? I'm doing a few Yes songs after that with my George Benson guitar. Steve Howe has a few Tele songs but they are long.

My 16 year old daughter is tired of hearing me talk about this so I thought I would share here...
IMHO David Gilmore is a great choice to listen to to play or to learn from .
try this

Lawdawg

Friend of Leo's
I'm more of a casual fan than a diehard, but their run from Meddle through The Wall is pretty unassailable. As much as they're been played to death Meddle, DSOTM, and WYWH have aged incredibly well and I still enjoy listening to them regularly. On the other hand, I now find The Wall to be almost completely unlistenable.

FMA

Poster Extraordinaire
Was just listening to Floyd yesterday. Been a fan since I picked up Ummagumma on a whim when I was a kid. Got to see them twice, on the Wish You Were Here and Animals tours. And I'm a huge fan of Gilmour's playing. So evocative. And like some others, The Wall left me a little cold. And despite being overplayed, as one person mentioned, Dark Side is still a classic. Not a wasted note. I think the stretch from Meddle through Wish You Were Here, and perhaps Animals, is as impressive as stretch any artist has had.

Digital Larry

Friend of Leo's
but their post-Waters records can't keep my attention.
I bought The Division Bell and listened to it in the car for awhile. That's mostly where I listen to CDs. I hadn't gone anywhere for a few weeks, but I got in the car and hit "play". "Who is this?" 5 minutes passed, I had to eject the CD to see who it was. It's not bad, but you know... maybe not as memorable as some of their other stuff.

Bourbon Burst

Tele-Meister
I'm jealous of those who got to see them in thy 70s. I saw them in 1986 after Momentary Lapse of Reason. Awesome show. Also saw Gilmour in 1983.

People here mentioned Meddle (my favorite) and Obscured By Clouds which to me is great in itself but most people don't know these two albums.

Last edited: