Any Pink Floyd Fans Out There?

Bourbon Burst

Tele-Meister
I'm recording some PF songs that have a Telecaster into a Digitech Trio (haven't built a new DAW yet). I already did Corporal Clegg and am doing Astronomy Domine right now. Dogs and Sheep from the Animals album were also on Teles but they are a bit long. I had also recorded Fat Old Sun with my Strat and the outro solo is fun to play. What sucks is that I can't sing though. It is still all fun to play.

Anyone else doing something similar? I'm doing a few Yes songs after that with my George Benson guitar. Steve Howe has a few Tele songs but they are long.

My 16 year old daughter is tired of hearing me talk about this so I thought I would share here...

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I havent recorded any but I learned , Time, Breathe, Astronomy Domine, Us & Them, Wish you were here, and a feeble attempt at echoes . The one lesson I learned was the whole of their sound is not dependant on one member it was the sum of all the parts

most of their albums were a play off of the the same chord structures , that way they could move fluidly from one song to the next bridging each with an in Key noodling that tied it all together.

i have been a fan since i was 10 years old the middle guitar pick is David Gilmour's

P1011630.JPG
P1011615.JPG

Last edited:

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
The first time I heard that loud obnoxious bright guitar sound Syd was making...

I wanted in....:)

no idea it was a Tele, at the time.... a kid in my class had an acoustic guitar, I used to go by his place after school to listen to music and try and learn guitar chords. We had no books, maybe some chord diagrams...
We spent hours by trial and error figuring out the chords in Julia Dream... and could kinda play along and it sorta matched...

I had that moment when I thought.. their guitars are the same as ours, it's all on here..o_O😃

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Yeah I'm into Meddle through Wish You Were Here primarily and Animals on the edge there and DSOTM a classic, just overplayed.
for me it was from Ummagumma, more, zabriski point , obsured by clouds, wish you were here, DSOTM, Animals ,( was never into the wall or the final cut , I didnt like the whole "my daddy died in the war and I'm angry aspects of it all") I liked delicate sound of thunder , Pulse , and all of the solo efforts upto "on an island "and "Endless River"

I have all of the movies for the soundtracks and a special one called "Pink Floyd First in space" a behind the scenes of the Delicate sound of thunder" tour Taken by Bob Hickey Nick Masons drum tech on that tour

Crafty Fox

Tele-Afflicted
My favorite period of them is Atom Heart Mother through Animals. Roger Water's lyrics for The Wall is kind of depressing.
I was at the very first performance of Atom Heart Mother at the Bath Festival, 1970. I saw them again a few months later at the free Hyde Park concert in London. I was a 15 year old school boy and ran away from home in Scotland for both occasions.