1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Any pedal steel players here?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Dickey01, Jul 19, 2017.

1. galen

galen TDPRI Member

Yep. Playing a GFI with 5 knee levers and 3 floors. I've played a number of different steels, but the GFI has been the best from a standpoint of playability and tone. It stays in tune. Probably like a lot of pedal steel players, it's a Jekyll and Hyde existence between playing country on my Tele and country on my steel. You definitely have to do a mind shift. In my band, I swap out a lot.

2. gee.

gee. Tele-Meister

ImageUploadedByTDPRI1501478397.815770.jpg
    Ok. Just picked up this one. The adventure begins.

teleaddicted and Shango66 like this.
  3. jmiles

jmiles Friend of Leo's

I have three ShoBuds at home right now. A '63 3&1, a '72 3&4, and a '74 3&6. Played 6 nights a week + studio here in Cleveland/Akron area.. Looking to buy another Kline 12 string Universal.
    I honestly don't know how many lapsteels I have. A bunch! Kline 12 string Universal. I used to work at Performance Steel guitar company.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  4. mherrcat

mherrcat Tele-Holic

Mullen SD-10.
    Emmons D-10 Push/Pull.
    Can I play them?
    No comment...
    :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.