1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Any others on board with Dyslexia?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ping-ping-clicka, Apr 19, 2021.

1. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Is their anyone else on board, above or below decks Dyslexic?

I ask in that I know

I am. and I keep experiencing the affect both positively and negatively of this
    experience. I refer to dyslexia as an experience because of the way that it affects my life,
    I experience Dyslexia as in other situations as I would experience jumping on a trampoline, riding a bike , waking up after a good nights sleep, experiencing a tasty meal, swimming in the ocean, observing my environment.
    From the outside others my view it as a condition with mitigating factors. I have experience of it.

Dyslexia and Intuition , have you come to conclusions that are real and exact with out having read about the topic of been exposed to the interpretations of others.
    " knowing that I am living a unified field where every thing is interconnected as in physics and Of course, unity experiences are not exclusive to practitioners of meditation. Natural mystics from a variety of cultures have always reported powerful experiences of the merging of their individual consciousness with a universal field of being. Notable compilations of such reports are those of Richard Maurice Bucke (Bucke, 1901) and William James (James, 1902).

two heads.jpg

dougstrum likes this.
  2. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

Well, judging by the number of people who can't spell Squier . . .

But seriously, I'm not dyslexic but I have a couple of siblings who are.

When we were growing up it was just one of the issues that weren't understood, that we now know a lot more about, that were just considered "bad behaviour."

I could go on. But I won't. I'm dealing with it too much as it is.

3. dougstrum

dougstrum Friend of Leo's

Dyslexic o_O It was 3rd grade before I figured out how to read. It's always been tricky for me to lay out and build right/left parts.
    My wife is fond of saying your other left:lol: Especially when I'm driving and she's the navigator.

One plus is it has given me great memorization skills; probably a compensating mechanism from early on~

4. Ess Eff

Ess Eff Tele-Afflicted

Cuont me in.

5. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Dyslexics of America - Untie!

Yep, although mine is maybe a bit more of a mild form than others.

6. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

My best friend got held back from 4th grade, and I tried my darnedest to stay with him, I started bombing all my tests- I was too dumb to not make it obvious.

Turned out he was slycdexic

7. Chester P Squier

Chester P Squier Tele-Holic

No, but a few years I was reading a news article about our local coroner. Then I saw an article saying that Michael Buble was going to appear in New Orleans. At first, I thought it said that Buble was a coroner.

But I re-read the article. Buble's a crooner.

8. OmegaWoods

OmegaWoods Tele-Meister

I feel for you. My youngest son is significantly dyslexic and didn't really learn to read until he was 12.

I also have a spot of it. I almost always make my "d" as "b" when handwriting and used to make my "s" backward when I wrote my name.

I feel for you. Truly.

Jakedog and Chip like this.
  9. Chester P Squier

Chester P Squier Tele-Holic

I have read that with dyslexia, when you read, the letters appear to jump around like a moving target.

About 45 years ago, I read that some students are "blue-blind." I have not seen or read any such articles since then. However, I did have a customer about 25 years ago who told me that he had started wearing the "blue-blocker" sunglasses for his dyslexia. He acted like it actually worked.

dougstrum likes this.
  10. dougstrum

dougstrum Friend of Leo's

I remember thinking it was like ants moving around on the page.

Chester P Squier likes this.
  11. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

I’ve been transposing numbers the last few years
    Sometimes I’ll read a headline and see it as something else, sort of like Chester P Squier’s Buble story

12. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

yes looking at tread tiles and not understanding them at all taking a second or third look I realize what though was not what I though was written I'm certainly glad I'm not charged by the mileage that I can put on a spellcheck
    shinjuku  2.jpg

dougstrum likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.