1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Any of you guys believe in Bigfoot?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ringii99, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

My best friend from college now has his PHD in Anthrophony. I've asked him about bigfoot and he always tells stories of all the things that scientists and other people have found. Bones of dinosaurs, pottery from ancient civilizations etc. He says that nothing could hide the way that these fictional creatures have hid both in life and death to possible exist.

The TV shows were very silly. They call looking for the creature "squaching". Squaching? They need a better nickname. Squaching sounds to me like trying to poop while constipated. "Why has John been in the bathroom so long". "John's squaching; poor guy....he ate a lot of cheese last night".

Anyway; that's what I think.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    FenderGyrl likes this.
  2. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

This young man does...

Seeing is believing...these size 23's work for me!

th.jpg

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    Brett Valentine likes this.
  3. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Telefied Silver Supporter

"The longest-lived animal ever found was a quahog clam scooped from the waters off Iceland. The tiny mollusk was estimated to be 400 years old."

Maybe he hides in a shell most of the time?

4. otterhound

otterhound Poster Extraordinaire

Back around 1982 , I was in Daytona to race bikes .
    I had some time to go for a walk on the beach . I began to notice that some kids kept popping up nearby when I overheard them talking about trailing Bigfoot .
    They were following my footprints in the sand , so I led them on a merry chase for while .
    I must admit to having fairly large feet . They also have no arch and leave a very distinct print , particularly in sand . This odd shaped footprint was the inspiration for these kids . Watching and listening to them was great fun .

src9000 likes this.
  5. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I do not believe in Bigfoot.

If he did exist, he would have made scads of money endorsing Dr Scholls Odor Eaters.

xafinity likes this.
  6. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

That's awesome! Can I download an app? Otterhound GO?

xafinity likes this.
  7. maxvintage

maxvintage Poster Extraordinaire

yes, no doubt beings capable of interstellar travel, or intradimensional travel, would of course come all the way here so they could sleep outdoors and **** in the woods

xafinity, stnmtthw and william tele like this.
  8. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I agree. So then that leaves us with "shape shifters"? :)

9. gentlyweeping

gentlyweeping Tele-Meister

He's renting my basement bedroom.

10. LKB3rd

LKB3rd Friend of Leo's

There have been many giant skeletons found all over the United States and all over the world.
    http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/smi...ands-of-giant-human-skeletons-in-early-1900s/

Just throwing that out there.

You can debunk most of the common debunker lines of attack as well. Eg. with comparisons to Silverback Gorillas, and pointing out the rarity of bear bones.

I surmise that if they have intelligence similar to humans in addition to looking like us, and were intentionally hiding in remote areas, it would explain why no one ever gets a clear picture and we mostly have eyewitness reports of quick encounters.

And, there are videos purporting to show one clearly, which haven't been definitively debunked. The Patterson video in California is the well known one.

bparnell57 and ringii99 like this.
  11. bparnell57

bparnell57 Poster Extraordinaire

Well. If that article isn't made up, that pretty much sums it up. Woah.

10 thumbs up!

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

12. Skub

Skub Poster Extraordinaire

One of our bass players was named bigfoot. If there was a cable to be tramped on or trailed from it's socket,he was the man.

Having lived in fear of my pedal board,I believe.

13. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    Bear bones are rare...not non-existent.

The costume-maker that made the costume that we see in that old-grainy-shakey-not-very-good motion picture of "Big Foot" has come clean.

Now the Wendigo...that's another story. A friend of a friend of my brother's may have sighted him at a YMCA camp in northern Wisconsin in the Summer of '63.

That makes me a believer.

:)

14. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

I believe .....

15. homesick345

homesick345 Poster Extraordinaire

We don't know their motives. They could well be interdimensional PETS

16. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

More likely left over '60's hippies.

Tremade likes this.
  17. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

I sorta like the concept of Bigfoot being inter-dimensional creatures, because that yin would certainly balance out the yang of our ideas about the primitive nature of them.

I think Fu Manchu or Orange Goblin oughta write a song about that

The bar's certainly been set plenty high :p

18. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

The "World News Daily Report"? Seriously? :rolleyes:

Even their disclaimer on their website admits that they're a sham...

WNDR assumes however all responsibility for the satirical nature of its articles and for the fictional nature of their content. All characters appearing in the articles in this website – even those based on real people – are entirely fictional and any resemblance between them and any persons, living, dead, or undead is purely a miracle.

xafinity likes this.
  19. jonzer

jonzer Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

When I was younger I wanted to believe. I think it's the romantic in me that wants unsolved mysteries and I like the thought that there's something out that elusive to mankind but would occasionally tease us. It also made sense to me that we basically just had a form of gorilla in North America.

Too bad that's all B.S. There's no way something like that, that big, could avoid mankind even up to the 1980s. Today every idiot going into the woods has a gopro. Wildlife surveyors put cameras everywhere studying the patterns of animals that actually do exist. Google satellite would have shown us a bigfoot by now.

I was amused by the show Finding Bigfoot, for a minute. I wonder if those idiots actually believe in Bigfoot. I love that everyone who ever claimed they saw or heard, or had an encounter, they were believed by these "experts." Experts who never found, saw, or had any experience with Bigfoot. They shouldn't have titled show "Finding Bigfoot." They should have called it "Morons In The Woods."

20. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Poster Extraordinaire

Burden of proof. If you say he/they exist, you have to prove they do. They is no need to prove that he/they don't exist. Why? Because one challenges the greater accepted truth, and that one needs to do the proving.

Most people believe that Blue Whales exist. Most people do not believe that Bigfoots exist beyond myth. That is because the burden of proof has been met with whales.

Those that do believe depend on anecdote as proof. The same sort of thing Nigerian Princes send in emails--except that most people KNOW that is total BS. So the better question is--why do some people abandon logic in this case?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.