1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Any of you guys believe in Bigfoot?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ringii99, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Telefied Silver Supporter

And people who watch them.

2. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I believe. One of my favorite albums.

Ash Telecaster likes this.
  3. Ash Telecaster

Ash Telecaster Friend of Leo's

Sas Quatch bought the house next door. He's hairy as hell but a friendly guy. He doesn't get what the big deal is. He say's the problem is they're looking in the woods, they should try the phone book.

4. jglenn

jglenn Tele-Afflicted

The funny thing about the Bigfoot Hunter shows to me is,would we really have to wait till the last show of the season of BFH,for them to announce the most important discovery of all time.And they would cut to commercial just before the showed us BF! And no,I never watch these shows,:) Heard some comic say one time,that BF is a big blurry ape thing,thats why all the photos look that way.

5. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity

Well yes

6. Tremade

Tremade Tele-Holic

Too much fantasy/recreational drugs.

If you want to find new REAL monsters, go look in the oceans.

Anode100, FenderGyrl and blowtorch like this.
  7. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Friend of Leo's

No.

8. Bendyha

Bendyha Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

She lives across the road; flat chested, dull and bootyless, really rather inconspicuous and nondescript, except - If "tootsies" is the cute minimization, then this gal has got, what can only be described as, massive "TOOTERS"
    It is her only attribute worthy of a mention, and I'd say, if you've got'em, parade'em. My wife and I have for many years just refered to her as Bigfoot, I'm not to sure what her real name might be.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    FenderGyrl likes this.
  9. LKB3rd

LKB3rd Friend of Leo's

A former co-worker of mine tells a story about seeing one clearly in the car lights in Vermont. There were 4 witnesses who he says all agreed that they saw a very tall hairy (as in fully hair covered) man run across the road in front of them, and when the headlights hit it it froze with its arms straight above its head stiff as a board. They swerved so as not to hit it.
    He wasn't joking, he was made fun of by nearly everyone he told the story to, but he didn't care, and insisted he saw it with his own eyes.
    It's interesting to me, because if it was someone in a suit, they were suicidal, and freezing in some strange pose isn't the sort of thing you'd expect in a made up story to me. Occurs to me maybe its some sort of tree imitation pose done in a panic.
    So, I have never seen one, but this story along with thousands of others, told by sane people with no reason to make it up (unless ridicule on themselves is one) are out there.
    I think it's possible they are out there.

10. ebb soul

ebb soul Poster Extraordinaire

Funny one one mentions the native claims of shape shifters. Which totally covers the lack of evidence.
    You're not gonna find something that changes form.
    There are more coroberated stories of shape shifters than Bigfoot proper.
    Also more people beleive in supernatural than actual monsters living among us.
    So when you ask " do you believe in?" More believe in supernatural than biological anomalies so perhaps that should be the perspective to begin from.

11. goonie

goonie Friend of Leo's

Uh, no. It's interesting that three or four people have answered that they 'want to believe'.

12. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

I'd like to think there's something out there, but like a lot have already said, with the lack of hard evidence, plus the fact that people and their electronic devices are just everywhere these days, I think we can kinda close the book on this one.

And yeah, that makes me kinda sad

13. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

What's interesting about that? I am curious

14. maxvintage

maxvintage Poster Extraordinaire

There is no possible way. We have fossil evidence of creatures that lived millions of years ago. We have evidence of rare and secretive nocturnal creatures that no one ever sees in daylight. We have lived in the planet for 1000s of years. We would have solid evidence of the existence of such creatures. Native American would have known about them. Not just legends, like quasi religious stories of animal spirits: They would have been in direct competition for food and space with a seven foot tall hominid and would have had solid evidence of its existence. It would hunt and forage; it would leave scat and tracks; it would have dens/lairs/caves and would have to raise young. It would die and leave a seven foot tall corpse. It would if it's a hominid primate, likely live in social groups-they all do. And this would have been going on FOR MILLENNIA. So 1000s of years, tens of centuries, no reliable evidence.

And then of course since 1800 industrialized culture has been spreading--increased population, habitat loss, increased surveillance, mapping, natural history and scientific investigation; the collection of fossils, tracks and taxidermic samples, etc. No one has even found anything remotely like definitive evidence. And now of course we have motion detecting cameras, night vision, thermal imaging, etc. And still a seven foot tall hominid manages to live undetected? Seriously? We have satellites tracking the globe 24/7, and you can bet the house they are doing thermal, infrared, and visible light imaging at extremely hi resolutions just as a matter of course. Imagine the thermal signature of a group of say 5-10 seven foot tall hominids.

Evidence for Bigfoot always takes the form of indistinct video footage or "i know a guy who knows a guy who saw..." Why is that?

Because all human cultures construct themselves in a sense of opposition to the natural world. There is nature, and there is people. Nature/culture. All human societies do this: people are culture-making animals. If you imagine the world this way you are going to imagine "boundary transgressing animals," creatures that bridge the divide between human and nature. The whole point of Bigfoot is that it's sort of human. It's a legend about the boundary between nature and culture. All cultures have these, that's why you see stories of Yetis and whatever in some other place: they are legends necessitated by the way we imagine ourselves in relation to the natural world.

That's why people want to believe in Bigfoot. Bigfoot is a monster, a boundary transgressing animal. Monsters are always fascinating: they are always either sacred (religious figures are always boundary transgressing, both sacred and human) or profane (monsters are always boundary transgressing animals, part this and part that, half this and half that, dead but alive, etc.) Boundary transgressing animals are fascinating because they enable us to examine the border between in this case, nature and culture

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  15. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

If there was only one, it's surely dead by now. If there were more, they would need to breed, and therefore there would be real evidence of habitation and feeding.

This isn't the old days, where large parts of North America were unexplored. If they actually live in the Northwest, they would be seen quite regularly. There is no logical, believable, or reasonable way to explain the existence of such a large mammal and its continued ability to avoid detection.

16. Hippieway

Hippieway Tele-Holic

Depends on the day. Some days I believe in everything and some days I don't believe in much of anything.

fuffydingo likes this.
  17. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Or Walmart.

18. E5RSY

E5RSY Doctor of Teleocity

Everyone knows UFOs were solved in "Repo Man". They're time machines. It's us.

Scott

studio1087 likes this.
  19. mitchfit

mitchfit Tele-Holic

20. homesick345

homesick345 Poster Extraordinaire

One plausible theory could be the extra-terrestrial beings, or from other dimensions, that some believe are roaming the earth secretly. All those ufo sightings might also be related.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.