1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Any of you cats over forty dating women in their twentys?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bones, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Drewgrass

Drewgrass TDPRI Member

We met when I was 45 and my partner 23.
    10 years on and there's a lot to be said for a balance of maturity.
    I'm doing my best to catch up with her! ;)

2. cactusrob

cactusrob Friend of Leo's

My wife is a couple of years older than me....MUCH less drama based on my previous experiences with women who are younger...

3. e-merlin

e-merlin Doctor of Teleocity

OK, first of all, in 100 years, age won't matter.

My wife is 11 years younger than I. We decided to get married half way through the first date. That was 17 years and two kids ago.

And, now that I'm married, I'm getting looks and smiles from girls who never would have when I was their age...

4. jtees4

jtees4 Tele-Afflicted

Over 40???? I'm over 50!!!!.....and I date 20 year olds in my dreams all day long. In fact, under 20 is fine too. Let's just say 16 and up :eek:

5. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

...they're thinking you look like a nice grandpa. Don't flatter yourself :p

6. Daz

Daz TDPRI Member

I'm 38, she's 26. We're both pro ski patrollers at the same ski hill in the winter. We both like hiking, much of the same music, and have the same (diverse in age) circle of friends.

Although I've met some boneheaded chicks in their 20s, she isn't one of them. Both her parents are PhDs with careers in academia, so she grew up in a household full of educated discussions and critical thinking. She has a degree in biology, listens to NPR/CBC, reads everything and anything. Yet we both giggle at farts.

Age ain't no thang so long as you match.

7. muchxs

muchxs Doctor of Teleocity

All kidding aside there are busloads of 20-somethings lookin' for "sugar daddies". Many 25 y.o. guys can't afford to "date" 20-something y.o. girls in my area.

45 y.o. guys can.

8. dickey

dickey Friend of Leo's

I have found that there are 2 ways for a guy my age to date young women. Have lotsa $$, or be exceptionally good looking. Most guys my age are fat,balding, & nerdy looking. I maintain a kind of biker-rockstar (old rockstar) image & women like that. I find it has also gotten me in trouble with HUSBANDS when their wives,bored with their husbands accountant-like persona & their mundane,drab,minivan, mop'n'glo lives,decide they want some excitement & go after me. More fun than cleaning up Taylor & Tyler's broken hockey equipment out of the garage! They love the guitar/band/Harley thing. After the last occurance, I decided that maybe I better settle down before some jealous husband decides to bust a cap in my a$$! so I got me a GF & she's only a few years younger than me. (widowed too, so no danger there!)

9. Frankie

Frankie Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

10. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I was 40,she was 23,10 years later we are still happily married and we intend to keep it this way...;)

11. cobrat

cobrat Tele-Holic

If that's all the choices I had of 20-something or any women for that matter....I'd rather move as far away from there as possible or remain single and well-off for the rest of my life.

The few dudes I know among colleagues and classmates who went for those types of 20-somethings are now either miserably married or on their second or third divorce and often chronically broke themselves because their GF/wife/ex are sucking all the money out of them....and we're talking i-bankers and lawyers who are making well into the 6 figures. It's really pathetic when some of them were so desperate that they'd resort to asking for loans from recent college grads like as myself.....which I, of course, refused. :rolleyes:

12. Dave Hopping

Dave Hopping Friend of Leo's

The first rule of dating is that there are no rules.The second is that everything you know about the other gender is dead wrong.

13. P Thought

P Thought Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Yup. I'm such a dad right now, and I don't like it. I keep kind of quiet, though, because there is absolutely NO accounting for love, and you can't pick your kids' mates. My wife is less quiet; she likes it much less than I do.

I think it would be easier for us to accept a son-in-law who's our age if he were likely to support our daughter, or help support her (like Imus in the Morning, for instance,) rather than likely to depend upon her for support. Also I think I'd be more comfortable if the relationship fell closer to the "1/2 + 7" formula that's been cited here--our daughter is 26. No one has asked me what I think, though.

14. MandyMarie

MandyMarie Friend of Leo's

My favorite don't flatter yourself moment.....

Our band was playing in St. Louis, Missouri and our drummer at the time kept making eyes with this adorable little rockabilly girl right in the front. He was maybe 48 at the time and she couldn't have been more than 22. To his credit, she really was giving him the signs - smiling at him, purposely trying to make eye contact with him, laughing when he'd be silly, etc - and we all kept looking back at him in shock. Finally, once our set was done, he went up to talk to her with all the confidence in the world...........and the whole club had to hear her shout, "YOU LOOK EXACTLY LIKE MY GRANDPA!"

15. bobthecanadian

bobthecanadian Tele-Afflicted

My belly hurts from laughing so much!

16. ibobunot

ibobunot Poster Extraordinaire

Vaughan Brothers - Good Texan

17. mako224

mako224 Banned

Regarding this entire thread......PICTURES OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!!!

18. Danno

Danno Tele-Holic

She gotta sister?

My brother-in-law was dating a young thang (19-20 yrs old) years ago when he turned 40 (coincidence?). My kids almost had an Aunt "Candy". Yup. I was explaining the relationship to my dad and said, "well he's forty and she's...this many (holding both hands up with all fingers extended the way kids do). Her maid of honor was going to be her imaginary friend "Emily"*. Then the fighting began. I can still hear her shrill "So are you...INFINITY!!!!".

Man I miss her. That relationship was a never-ending source of material.

*Borrowed from Jeff Foxworthy.

19. chet

chet Banned

Joke

"Any of you cats over forty dating women in their twentys?"

Do lap dances count?

Wait...I didn't say that. :lol:

20. 8upSS

8upSS Tele-Holic

Check your fly!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.