1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Any of you cats over forty dating women in their twentys?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bones, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Telebubba

Telebubba Tele-Meister

As someone stated previously, for me it is less about the age gap than about a "generational" thing. I can see myself with someone in their 30's despite the age gap (I am 50). Twenty somethings I cannot relate to at all, we have nothing in common. Different values, different culture all together.

2. '56Teleman

'56Teleman Tele-Afflicted

Most of the women I've dated have been close to my age but I have dated a woman 5 years older and another 13 years younger and was still able to stay single.

3. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

I good friend and local NashV musician started dating a 22 year old gal. I thought, what? Until I met her. Just Wow! The are going strong for almost a year now and seem made for each other frankly. Meeting Dad gad to hard though, a year younger than my friend. ;) But that was not a problem eiher, Dad is used to his daughter being very much the boss of her life it would seem. ;

I think if there is a balance in enough of the aspects of 'relationship' as opposed to the bias toward the sexual side as can be the case in a lot of initial attractions, it can work as well as between any two people. You probably need a pretty mature 20-something person, or an immature older person in which case the more mature person would probably get tired of that quick I am guessing...

4. redstringuitar

redstringuitar Poster Extraordinaire

...couldn't have put it better myself, you can sense the love in Papa Joe's words and the lesson I take from them is that true loyalty trumps everything else when it comes to matters of the heart.

edit...you gotta get that initial lust out of the way first, of course. :D

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  5. Jimo

Jimo Tele-Afflicted

I don't care you are....that's funny, right there!:lol::lol:

6. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Papa Joe had me when he said he wanted a pointy guitar. ;)

Open minded? How many users here would even dare to admit on 'THE' Tele Forum any such thing. It made me want a pointy guitar. ;)

7. MandyMarie

MandyMarie Friend of Leo's

My husband and I exactly fit that "half your age + 7 years" line... we've been together since I was 19. I'm now 30 and he's 47. 11 years later and I still couldn't be happier! :D

...the worst part for you boys will be meeting her parents. When they're your age, let's just say it's a little awkward.

8. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

In my job, I spend a LOT of time around 20-somethings.
    Although I get a different cross-section than most (they are all basically volunteering to give a very difficult year caring for people with special needs...so bimbos are very rare), I seldom fall for young girls.
    Well...not for long anyway:rolleyes:
    This girl I'm seeing is VERY different.
    When we discussed our age difference, and I told her it's weird that I fell for such a young girl, she said something like, "How do you think I FEEL?! I thought it was disgusting any time a guy over 30 would flirt with me!"
    Sometimes it's just right.
    Hopefully this is one of those times.
    But...if your mission is just to plow a young hottie...
    Well...be ready for some shallow company.

9. timmytVA

timmytVA Tele-Holic

To put it into perspective, a 20something wasn't alive when Back In Black came out!

I'm 45 and divorced two years. Had one girlfriend since the divorce. She was three years older than me. Nice enuf gal but was ready for more than I was.

I work with a lot of 20 and 30 somethings. Most of them are pretty cool. I'd date one.

Tim

10. Strat62

Strat62 Friend of Leo's

My wife and I are both on our second marriage;we married in '95. She was 31, I was 45. Still together and going strong, and here's a pic of our results:

Attached Files:

11. dickey

dickey Friend of Leo's

When I was 40, I went out with a girl who was 20. Gotta admit it was just the sex;she REALLY turned me on. Was a dead ringer for Cyndi Lauper; a real freak--red,white,& green hair,piercings,tats,thighhighs & fishnets,etc. Took her to a gig once, & somebody said to me "I didn't know you had a daughter!" Would I do that now? Prolly--but just for sex. Women under 35 turn me off 'cause they're just into their cell phones & cigarettes & crappy smelling perfume & women over 45 turn me off 'cause they're usually starting menopause,& getting bitchy & posessive, & I always say when that happens,TURN & RUN!! Run as fast as you can & don't stop till you see icebergs! 35-45 seems about right for me, although my GF is somewhere around 51 or 52. I made an exception for her when we met 'cause she had extremely large & fine breastworks,looked great in Daisy Dukes,and was hornier than a New Orleans funeral! AND she rode her own Harley,so we had something in common. But she has crappy taste in music (new country)

12. hannigan

hannigan Friend of Leo's

I dated a woman 7 years older than me and we were fine with it,took her family a bit to get used to.
    Those were in my skate board days and a security guard once grabbed me for skating in a mall and when my girl friend came to see what was going on he thought she was my mother ( I also look young for my linear age) . She assured him that I would be punished and she even slapped my bum. ahhhh good times.

13. rghill

rghill Tele-Afflicted

I met my wife when I was 36 and she was 26. We got married in 2001 when I was 41 and she was 31. We have been together for 13 years and raised her kids and have two together.

I personally believe that the numbers are not as important as the level of maturity.

14. hannigan

hannigan Friend of Leo's

Hornier than a New Orleans Funeral.
    Oh dickey I love the colorful nature of your posts.
    I never heard that before you crack me up.

15. napawino

napawino Tele-Holic

No offense to anyone, but I have found that a lot of women in their 20's are dumb as rocks.

16. hannigan

hannigan Friend of Leo's

No offense but only the dumb young ones would go out with old farts like us.
    So it unfairly makes them all seem dumb? I dont know just shooting from the hip.

17. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

She has a Master's degree and a job in her chosen field. Not dumb at all aside from having a "crush" on me.

18. Beachbum

Beachbum Friend of Leo's

The first thing I learned when I was in the Navy on liberty was, "Money can't buy you love. But, it can buy you something so close you won't know the difference". Of course that was when I was a young guy a very long time ago.

I think I'm the only male in my family that didn't chase after young women. My Fathers second wife was 20 years younger than him and my Grandfather (Axel Olaf) was a crusty old Swede who had three wives. As soon as they reached 30 or so he would divorce them. I remember asking him once if he left my Grandmother because he didn't love her anymore. His answer was, "Don, I don't know much about love but, I sure do like young women".

19. hannigan

hannigan Friend of Leo's

My Band mate says any age is dangerous almost every every movie and book is warning us just look at Samson etc........
    Im going to just go play my guitar, I am far too cynical to be ensnared in a venus trap at this moment in my life.
    Good luck to all you brave guys and gals.

20. Mike Bruce

Mike Bruce Friend of Leo's

When I was 24 I dated a 17 year old, two years later we got married so the "half plus 7" formula more or less applies. We have stayed married, happily, for the intervening 25+ years. She never seemed like the kid she was when we met. She supported her mother (a genuine nut job) and sister, went to school, worked as many jobs as she could, and knew the value of hard work, education, loyalty, and faithfulness.

The "half plus 7" formula collapses over time anyway, but I hope to never have to test it anyway. If I ever had to date again, I would hope age wouldn't be a factor.

Peace, Mike.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.