1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Any of you cats over forty dating women in their twentys?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bones, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Tidepoolbay

Tidepoolbay Friend of Leo's

You need to learn common ground.

2. otaypanky

otaypanky Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

And my guess is you still are 'hers' Joe

3. otaypanky

otaypanky Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

[​IMG]

4. Slow Reflexes

Slow Reflexes Poster Extraordinaire

I'm not dating, but I'm sure if I were I wouldn't let age stop me. Immaturity, on the other hand...

You don't date an age, you date a person.

5. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Yeah ya got that right.Ive taken two different women out to dinner a few times and dancing once but it just didn't feel right. I'll tell ya my wife was one foxie chick..tall and trim with a walk that drove me nuts.Deep sultry voice..And she loved rock and roll too.Very good singer and dancer..Sometimes I could get her to come on stage with me and do a number..Always a big hit with the people.

6. cobrat

cobrat Tele-Holic

I am grateful for this thread as it means dating someone a lot older or younger is not as socially verboten as I was led to believe growing up.
    :D

7. Gilamnstr

Gilamnstr Tele-Afflicted

That's the same issue I run into. I'm turning 48 this year, and I can hardly bear to be around the 20-somethings for more than a few minutes. Sure it's a gross generalization and there are plenty of exceptions, but a lot of the 20-something girls seem to be doing their best to emulate the empty-headed hollyweird bimbos they see on tv and in the gossip mags. Definitely not my cup of tea.

8. KidTelecaster

KidTelecaster Tele-Meister

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dat be's some good sheet! ;)

9. stevieboy

stevieboy Poster Extraordinaire

If I was, I wouldn't be hanging around here!

10. Tonemonkey

Tonemonkey Poster Extraordinaire

I met my wife when I was 36 and she was 21. We probably had about the same level of maturity.

I'm now 43, she's 28, we have 2 kids aged 4 and 3.

We never even think about age difference, although she said it was a consideration/doubt when we first met; but after a few dates we filed it under "irrelevant". :cool:

I'm just grateful that she had the courage to give up her modelling career and join me in a distant country. ;)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
    El Tele Lobo likes this.
  11. Slow Reflexes

Slow Reflexes Poster Extraordinaire

Remember where you are. Most of these people here are "musical types." And they probably use them electrical gittars.

12. jjkrause84

jjkrause84 Poster Extraordinaire

Hmmm....I'm 25. Half my age is 12 1/2.....plus 7 equals 19 1/2. My girlfriend is 19 1/2.....does this mean I win?

13. basher

basher Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I was in a pretty intense relationship with a 25-year-old woman when I was 42. We lasted about a year and a half. There were aspects of it that were more fun than a bathtub full of guppies, but ultimately the difference in our levels of maturity and experience was just too much. I think that had more to do with personalities than age, though. One of the happiest married couples I know has the same 17-year difference in their ages.

14. MisterNatural75

MisterNatural75 TDPRI Member

Some twenty year olds I just would not be able to have
    a conversation with because of the generational difference.
    The stuff I would talk about would put the average hottie to
    sleep quicker than a xanax.
    But, as much as I try to take care of myself, all my parts
    started shifting/hanging weirdly and turning strange colors
    at around 45. This would be my concern. She would dump me
    for the newer CV shop version :)

15. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    When I was younger I usually dated woman that were a bit older than I was and as I got older the gap seemed to narrow down a bit. If I was still looking I think the ideal range for me is the 35 to 40 range. I'm 46.

As it turns out my wife and I are the same age... within a couple months of each other. So this thread doesn't really apply to me. I am quite happy where I am. :D

16. Donnie55

Donnie55 Tele-Afflicted

Sure it can work.. I`m 54 my wife is 30 , been together 7 years. We have twin daughters that were born on my 50th birthday. Never been happier..:D

17. franchelB

franchelB Friend of Leo's

To borrow somone's phrase in another forum, "This thread is useless without pics!"

:cool:

18. blueshawk1

blueshawk1 Tele-Meister

I think that;s the only way I'd be interested, as a "girlfriend, I don't see it, mostly because of this;

I'm in my 50's now (52), and if I were dating now, I'd want someone at least well into their 30's, just because for the ability to talk to them. There would be more "past" that we could relate to, for the most part, the kid stuff would be gone, replaced by maturity and life experience that 20-somethings don't begin to have enough of yet.

And besides, I don't have enough money for a 20-something to be interested in me.

19. Frankie

Frankie Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

You know every once in awhile reading forum posts you’ll get a shot of someone’s character, maybe just peep into their beliefs and actually learn something about life.

Papa Joe I’ve read quite a few of your posts, always able sense the wisdom and always enjoy the read. I smile when I look over to the left and see your age knowing that your still picking, your still here hanging with the boys and knowing you will until you can’t. You’re an inspiration for those of us creeping up in the years that sometimes say “Damn, I’m getting to old for this crap”. You don’t hear it, but from me you’ve received more then just a few “H*ll yeah, how cool is that” when reading your posts.

Reading your post here just nailed for me. 43 years and counting of true love and is so so cool and your so fortunate to be blessed with a partner with that kind of bond, and a bond you still have even though she’s gone.. But only gone in body, Papa Joe, aint that right?..

Thanks and bless you Papa Joe once again for a lesson on how it should be..

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  20. 6cylrider98

6cylrider98 Tele-Meister

Mine is just 3 yrs younger. Yes I guess a 20 something would be too cool. Just depends on the people . Intrest I feel would be the main thing to work on. But I say go for it.!:D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.