Any non-slip guitar straps that are not made of leather/suede?

Gogogoch

Tele-Meister
Can anyone recommend one that’s available in the UK?

I’ve got an electric twelve-string that’s got a serious neck-dive issue and it needs a strap with some grip.

I’ve tried a cork strap (biodegradable/evo-friendly) and the seat-belt variety but neither grip. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

JohnnyThul

Tele-Meister
Not sure if these are available in the UK, but I can recommend RightOn straps. Their Mojo Series is vegan and uses kind of artificial suede. It's very sturdy stuff and it does not feel cheap. On top of that they have a lot of designs.

Gogogoch

Tele-Meister
Not sure if these are available in the UK, but I can recommend RightOn straps. Their Mojo Series is vegan and uses kind of artificial suede. It's very sturdy stuff and it does not feel cheap. On top of that they have a lot of designs.
Thanks. That’s great. Does the strap grip on your shoulder well? Is it likely to solve the neck-dive issue?

aleski

Tele-Meister
Couch Straps make exclusively vegan straps, as far as I know. I haven't had to turn to their product to fight neck dive specifically, but I'm a big fan overall and would wager they have something for that, too.

JohnnyThul

Tele-Meister
Thanks. That’s great. Does the strap grip on your shoulder well? Is it likely to solve the neck-dive issue?
I do not have a guitar with neck dive, so I can't comment on that. But I can say, the inside of the straps is of artificial suede, so I don't see why it would not help. I can say, my guitar doesn't move much horizontally when I use these straps.

But you may check the pictures of the straps to make sure they have the artificial suede stuff on the inside, maybe not all of their straps have.

Gogogoch

Tele-Meister
I do not have a guitar with neck dive, so I can't comment on that. But I can say, the inside of the straps is of artificial suede, so I don't see why it would not help. I can say, my guitar doesn't move much horizontally when I use these straps.

But you may check the pictures of the straps to make sure they have the artificial suede stuff on the inside, maybe not all of their straps have.
Brilliant. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's

I’ve got an electric twelve-string that’s got a serious neck-dive issue and it needs a strap with some grip.

I’ve tried a cork strap (biodegradable/evo-friendly) and the seat-belt variety but neither grip. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Comfort Strapp. Available on the internet in the US so probly can be bought in the UK too. Got 8 or 10 of 'em. Been using 'em for 30 years and love 'em. Get the medium or long. The short ones are too short.

20211001_174912.jpg
20211001_174922.jpg

CmfrtStrp Tele.jpg

Last edited:

dlew919

Doctor of Teleocity

These might scratch the itch. I find mine very comfortable

Grandy

Tele-Holic
Many wide leather straps are a not that great fit for my boney shoulders. In my case straps made out of cotton work the best.

John Stephen

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter

Did you purchase any of the recommended straps? If you did (or if you do in the near future), let us know if it solves the problem.

Gogogoch

Tele-Meister
Thank you for all of the helpful suggestions. In the end, I went for a black ‘ Charm’ strap from the Mojo series by Right On straps.

So extra BIG thanks to JohnnyThul! Cheers!

Strap looks great and no neck dive - so problem solved! Superb!

Thanks again!