Any NHL fans?

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
Many, many years ago we went to see the Dallas & Ft Worth farm teams. It was a great excuse to see some sports and drink beer. Good times!

jdl57

Tele-Meister
I have two kids, both of whom were hockey players, a son and a daughter. Both played defense. My son actually made it to a couple of USHL tryouts but never made a team. They picked their favorite teams based on their favorite players, Joe Thornton and the Sharks for my daughter, and Niklaus Kronwall and the Red Wings for my son. I actually got him a Kronwall game stick one year for Christmas. The Wings have suffered since Babcock left, maybe the new guy can do something good.

Knows3Chords

Tele-Afflicted
Me and my brother played from age 5 to 18. Loved it, except when we had to play up in Ontario, Canada. It seemed they were all big farm boys. I have 2 daughters, and they both played as kids. I coached and reffed some little league games. Hockey is king in our family. Thornton and Kronwall were good choices.

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
I've been known to show up at a few Kings games over the years.....maybe 50 years.

1665494176293.png

jdl57

Tele-Meister
Thornton and Kronwall were good choices
Once they were old enough to check, my son became rather infamous for his hard but legal checks. He basically shut down his side if the ice when he was out. One time, while he was walking to the locker room, he overheard a mother warning her son to watch out for him. I commented after one game that he checked like Kronwall, his reply was where do you think I learned that. He based his checking technique on watching videos of Kronwall.

Rustbucket

Poster Extraordinaire
I’m looking forward to seeing NHL hockey in an intimate 5,000 seat setting when my wife’s Habs play my Coyotes in December.

Note I did not say NHL level talent. 🤣

Knows3Chords

Tele-Afflicted
Once they were old enough to check, my son became rather infamous for his hard but legal checks. He basically shut down his side if the ice when he was out. One time, while he was walking to the locker room, he overheard a mother warning her son to watch out for him. I commented after one game that he checked like Kronwall, his reply was where do you think I learned that. He based his checking technique on watching videos of Kronwall.
Another good player to watch when learning how to check was Scott Stevens way back with the Devils.