Any Netflix "Ozark" fans out there.

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
We are putting off watching the last show!

I will say one thing:

Meeting ' Ruthie' was 'love at first sight!'

I think she is beautiful, and one of the most fascinating TV characters ever.

I would love to have her chew me out!
If you liked Ruth watch The Americans. She had a real nice role in a season or 2 of that series. I immediately ID’d her as a real talent.

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I liked it. At first I had somewhat mixed feelings about the ending but after a few days came to see it as being just about right. Decisions and consequences. I will admit I’ve gotten a bit stale on the genre-drama of the fatally flawed and violent. Something not so healthy about the reliance on this subject matter to assure a big hit.

burntfrijoles

Poster Extraordinaire
Ruthie was just too trashy. Overplayed the role a bit.
I loved her! To me she deserved the redemption she achieved. Julia Garner won 2 Emmy and 1 Golden Globe awards for her portrayal.
My wife especially loved the Laura Linney character.
Linney was masterful but her character was loathsome. She was cold, heartless, ruthless, without remorse, bordering on sociopathic.

Lou Tencodpees

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Linney was masterful but her character was loathsome. She was cold, heartless, ruthless, without remorse, bordering on sociopathic.
I'd qualify Wendy as full blown sociopathic, just based on the situation with Ben (her brother) alone. Linney did too good of a job with the role and will get the stink eye from me from now on, lol.

Dave Skowron

Tele-Meister
I'd qualify Wendy as full blown sociopathic, just based on the situation with Ben (her brother) alone. Linney did too good of a job with the role and will get the stink eye from me from now on, lol.
I'm the same way. She was TOO good at that part - like it was the real her deep inside finally coming out. I don't think I'd like to see her in anything else.

scooteraz

Friend of Leo's
I liked season 1, season 2 not so much and only got about half way through season 3 before I just got sick of the series.

I was actually surprised by fact that they made the last season.

Flat6Driver

Poster Extraordinaire
I loved her! To me she deserved the redemption she achieved. Julia Garner won 2 Emmy and 1 Golden Globe awards for her portrayal.

Maybe I just got tired of the character. The accent was way tiresome after a while.

burntfrijoles

Poster Extraordinaire
The accent was way tiresome after a while.
Having grown up in Louisiana and spending many years in Texas, Georgia and North Florida I have heard numerous girls/women who sound just like her. I don't think it was exaggerated in the least but, as you point out, one can tire of hearing it.

I once had a date with a sweet, lovely woman but she had a Fran Drescher style accent that was too much to deal with it.

goonie

Friend of Leo's
Enjoyed seasons 1 to 3. Just couldn't get through 4. Lasted a couple of episodes. Bored with the characters, nothing much seemed to be happening. I think they just milked the premise dry.

BorderRadio

Doctor of Teleocity
I binged all of it just last month. I tried to watch it a couple of years ago but couldn’t stick for whatever reason. This last time, it set the hooks right away. The ending was great, and hoping for another season, spin off even. I think binging is the way to go for this show, as I would never hold on episode to episode. Any filler would of turned me off again. With binging you just roll through any dead end side stories and go for the meat and potatoes.

Gripes & comments:
-color grading was annoyingly dark. It brightened for Mexico, etc, and changed for the last season, all on purpose.
-what happened after the KCM blew up the office?
-None of the show was realistic, but that’s why it’s a good show
-dream sequence anyone?

Flat6Driver

Poster Extraordinaire
Having grown up in Louisiana and spending many years in Texas, Georgia and North Florida I have heard numerous girls/women who sound just like her. I don't think it was exaggerated in the least but, as you point out, one can tire of hearing it.

I once had a date with a sweet, lovely woman but she had a Fran Drescher style accent that was too much to deal with it.
I think this is the nature of acting. She was competent at it, and maybe that is the local accent BUT in real life I have found that folks slip in and out of their accent a bit. When people are acting, they are focused on getting it right all the time. I watched her in Inventing Anna and it was sort of the same thing.

burntfrijoles

Poster Extraordinaire
I think this is the nature of acting. She was competent at it, and maybe that is the local accent BUT in real life I have found that folks slip in and out of their accent a bit. When people are acting, they are focused on getting it right all the time. I watched her in Inventing Anna and it was sort of the same thing.
I haven't lived in Louisiana in decades but my daughter tells me that I develop an accent when we visit my family there. 😊
As for Julia Garner, I thought she very good in Inventing Anna. She did a pretty good job of capturing the real Anna's accent and affect.

CCK1

Tele-Afflicted
We loved it. But we spent half the time saying "God, that place looks beautiful!"
Those lake scenes are filmed on the south end of Lake Lanier, it is beautiful when the lake is full. It's a US Army Corps Of Engineers lake, and its primary purpose is not recreation, so the lake level can fluctuate a lot. Plus, Georgia has an ongoing "water war" with Florida, who claims they need more water releases from the lake to ensure the health of Apalachicola oysters, and some supposedly endangered species I can assure you, there are no mobile homes like Ruth's on that end of the lake, it's VERY expensive property.

KeithDavies 100

Tele-Meister
Those lake scenes are filmed on the south end of Lake Lanier, it is beautiful when the lake is full. It's a US Army Corps Of Engineers lake, and its primary purpose is not recreation, so the lake level can fluctuate a lot. Plus, Georgia has an ongoing "water war" with Florida, who claims they need more water releases from the lake to ensure the health of Apalachicola oysters, and some supposedly endangered species I can assure you, there are no mobile homes like Ruth's on that end of the lake, it's VERY expensive property.
Yeah, I sorted of figured that if I was going to live there at all, Ruth's place would probably be about all I could afford! :)

CCK1

Tele-Afflicted

Her accent, although not exaggerated, might be common in rural Arkansas/Missouri, but I've lived in rural north Georgia all my life, and her accent would be a bit out of place around here. Here's a Youtube clip of a father/son, and a customer of a tire shop very near where I live. They had a chunk of ice fall from an airplane and go through the roof of their tire shop. That's what they're discussing. Their accent is the predominant rural Appalachian accent in this area.

Last edited: