Any masterbuilt owners here?

Denny Dee

NEW MEMBER!
Love me that Tremoverb but you’re right, it weighs a ton! I recently bought a Suhr PT15 IR that I’m really liking. And only 24lbs.
I also bought a Pt15IR with the twin cab and it's my go to amp big time. That amp sounds so good. i also own a couple of fender tube amps.

PennyroyalFrog

Tele-Afflicted
I bought a used Dennis Galuszka 1960 Strat made in 2003 I think. I sold it briefly after I got it. The neck felt great but the fit and finish were subpar. The nut was cut as such the low E and A strings were too close together. Also, it didn’t sound great. It didn’t sound bad but nowhere as good as the team built FCS 1962 Strat I had at the time nor other team built Strata I’ve had prior.

Cosmic Cowboy

Tele-Afflicted
Wow. Expected to see lots of forum members showing off their masterbuilts. Seem to be rare as hens teeth. And still up to 3 year wait.

Joe M

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here’s my Todd Krause 56
F13FDF3C-940E-4206-8F91-2543817FE28D.jpeg

runfatboy5k

TDPRI Member
Hi guys, I bought a gorgeous Jay Black masterbuilt telecaster that belonged to John Entwistle from the Sotheby’s auction back in 2003 when he passed away.
I paid £1800 for it and it was made for him in 1992 and was untouched.
The guitar was finished in white and had gold hardware, I remember posting pictures of it on the old Fender forum. I ended up selling it to a chap who ran the music shop in Stratford upon Avon a couple of years later and as far as I know he still has it.
It was a righty so I never played it but boy do I wish I’d kept it.

EsquireOK

Poster Extraordinaire
I am surprised by how many posts there are reporting having bought used ones, or dealer spec'd ones in some cases.

Why would anyone pay for one of these, and then sell it? Terminal illness is the only thing I can imagine.

But if I had paid $10,000 for a tailor made Italian suit, you can bet your ass I'd tell 'em to bury me in it! 🤣🤣

csapo

Tele-Afflicted
Glorious see above. Details please.

Thank you! Here ya go...

Mark Kendrick - A 2002 Fender Custom Shop unofficial Blind Faith masterbuild light relic.

Dennis Galuszka - A 2009 Fender Custom Shop Greg Koch "Limited Edition" masterbuild closet classic, commissioned by Cream City Music.

Dale Wilson - A 2012 Fender Custom Shop Sheryl Crow "Limited Edition" masterbuild relic.

Fred Stuart - A 2017 Fender Custom Shop Fred Stuart Founder's Design Limited masterbuild.

Duncan

Tele-Meister
I have a hybrid of sorts. I have a black guard Tele that was a regular Cunetto Tele, but I never got used to the neck. Gene Baker built me a really nice 10/56 neck for it, and it has his Master Builder decal on it. It still has the R0 serial number on it and a s/n matching Certificate. We didn't relic or tint the neck, but I have played the bee-jezuz out of it for 25+ years and the neck now matches the body nicely..

It's kinda different, but it's my favorite guitar..

I'm currently going through my stuff, and going to sell off a few things I have acquired. I'm getting old, and my lovely wife would have no idea what to do with some of this stuff.

Last edited:

Joe M

Super Moderator
Staff member
Duncan, you're never too old, believe me, I know....that being said, fortunately, my daughter has become quite accomplished on guitar and I've starting giving her some of the stuff I know I'll never use again, like mikes and mike stands and cables and straps, even a couple of guitars I never played. Plus, I know she knows enough about gear at this point that she'll know what to do with my other stuff when the time comes.

Duncan

Tele-Meister
fortunately, my daughter has become quite accomplished on guitar and I've starting giving her some of the stuff I know I'll never use again, like mikes and mike stands and cables and straps, even a couple of guitars I never played.
That's fortunate you have someone to pass it onto. It's cool that she can use the gear and have a reminder of her Dad around.