Any love for the Puresalem Elevation?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Jack Clayton, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Jack Clayton

Jack Clayton Tele-Meister

A guy is selling one of these locally for $400. It seems to go much higher everywhere I look.

It's an ES-335 style guitar with no f-holes. Supposedly to cut down on feedback. Anyway, it looks like a quality build, but I don't know a great deal about semi-hollows. I recently played an Eastman T59/v in a shop that really blew my hair back. But at around $1500, I'm not gonna be ready for one of those for awhile. This might be a reasonable quality 335 style guitar I can actually afford.

Info on this model is scarce. I can find literally one demo on YouTube. Has anybody played one?

2. Jack Clayton

Jack Clayton Tele-Meister

Really? Nothing? Are these things really that obscure?

3. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Afflicted

PS is one of my all-time favorite guitar companies out there. Their owner Rick is a lefty so that's why every model comes in lefty too. That's huge for the southpaw community.

Apart from their offerings, Rick himself is an excellent, upstanding guy who gives his customers the best care possible. The Elevation is a newer model from him and one I suspect sells very well.

I would say buy with confidence. PS's guitar quality has significantly increased since they first started. This is mainly attributed to them changing manufacturers, but also a few other tweaks here & there.

An Elevation for $400? Unless it's broken, that's a no-brainer. Buy that puppy right now!

Jack Clayton likes this.
  4. bondoman

bondoman Tele-Meister

From what I gather Pure Salem is manufactured by Mirr Musical Instruments S Korea. Same outfit that builds for Reverend and Duesenberg. Pretty high end by any standards. Never seen a PS, Rev or Duesy but have one of the start up Eastwood Backlund Model 100's that was supposedly manufactured by them. Things absolutely perfect in every way. Albeit a bit weird looking.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.