1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Any kind citizen wish to help me?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by TBOT, Dec 6, 2019.

1. TBOT

TBOT TDPRI Member

Setting up a board. I play a MIM Mustang through a Fender Rumble 100. Yes, a cheap bass amp. Love the cleans! Light as a feather!

Pedals are:

1) EHX Holy Grail
    2) EHX 360 Looper
    3) TC Spark Mini
    4) EQD Organizer
    5) TC PolyTune

Plan to use the effects loop so Spark Mini won’t kick in drive too fast.

Could I use a One Spot with a 5 Pedal Daisy Chain?

2. TBOT

TBOT TDPRI Member

And what order would you go?

3. TBOT

TBOT TDPRI Member

Oh. I play in a two piece band with a drummer trying to use the Organizer to sound like a raucous 60’s garage band with the Guitar and (Organ) all playing the same thing in unison.

4. naveed211

naveed211 Tele-Afflicted

Yes, you probably could use a one spot, but I’m not positive everything just needs a standard nine volt charge from that group, so confirm that first.

I’d go tuner, spark, organizer, reverb, looper. If you’re fully clean on the front end, probably no need for effects loop, but your call.

AlbertaGriff and TBOT like this.
  5. Edgar Allan Presley

Edgar Allan Presley Friend of Leo's

Some recommend against daisy chaining digital pedals like Holy Grail, the looper, and Organizer, particularly with analog pedals also in the chain. This is because it can create noise from interactions on the power chain. But I've done it and didn't have problems. Isolated power is better, but might not be necessary.

TBOT likes this.
  6. Edgar Allan Presley

Edgar Allan Presley Friend of Leo's

For pedal order, try:
    Tuner > Organizer > boost > reverb > looper

You probably don't want the boost before the Organizer, messing with the octave tracking. But try it and see what it does.

LowCaster and TBOT like this.
  7. TBOT

TBOT TDPRI Member

Thanks Guys!

8. 1300 E Valencia

1300 E Valencia Friend of Leo's

Hate to be the bad guy here, but good luck running EHX pedals on a daisy chain power supply. I have several One Spots. EHX pedals bring the noise.

TBOT likes this.
  9. jackal

jackal Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

I would recommend a Power-All instead of the one spot. Of course a voo-doo labs isolated supply would be best.

TBOT likes this.
  10. Peegoo

Peegoo Poster Extraordinaire

When powering pedals, it's always good policy to look at the data label of each pedal and write down the current draw in milliamps (mA). For example, some pedals might require 100 mA, and others may require 300 mA.

Add up the mA to get a total, e.g., 100 + 300 + 250 + 500 + 150 = 1300 mA or 1.3 amperes. Compare it with the power supply you intend to use to ensure you do not exceed the capacity of the power supply.

11. jimilee

jimilee Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Yeah, I’d get a Dunlop power brick if you’re not playing for money. They’re a little more regulated and a little less noisy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBOT likes this.
  12. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

Asking pedal order is like asking which of my children should I get rid of first ;)

It’s all personal preference and no set rules although there are “standard” positions for modulation and so forth I’d move them around and see what works for you

TBOT likes this.
  13. mkdaws32

mkdaws32 Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

I’ve run many analog and digital pedals together on the same power chain without issues for the most part. The one that did give me trouble was a Line6 Echo Park. Apparently the Line6 Tone Core pedals are all known for this. I put it on its own isolated power supply and all was well again.

Try it and if it works, your good, if it doesn’t, pull pedals out of the chain until you find the culprit. A One Spot is the bottom of the barrel of pedal power solutions. The Dunlap Brick mentioned before is probably a better bet for not much more $$

Edgar Allan Presley and TBOT like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.