Any key differences in 5AR4 tubes in a PRRI?

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by OzShadow, Nov 7, 2019 at 7:13 AM.

1. slider313

slider313 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

The Tung Sol and Mullard brands are now owned by New Sensor Corp. They were never made in the Shuguang factory. However, Marshall branded tubes may be.

2. Dacious

Dacious Poster Extraordinaire

On the EL34s in a cathode biased amp, within a ma. I didn't measure the tubes that came out but I get a touch over 20 watts calculated. I think the Mini Jubilee is rated very conservatively for power wise. They've been in there a year and working fine. They looked identical to the ones that came out which were in a year, I think I cooked them on a 40 deg C day by tilting the amp back too far.

Here's an eBay listing for this vendor.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/232442076369

Edit : actually this is not the vendor. I have to find one of my earlier purchases.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019 at 3:41 AM
  3. OzShadow

OzShadow Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I sent an email to the seller but I may also pickup a Sovtek locally. They're only $20 and I can tap on them to make sure they don't rattle.

uriah1 likes this.
  4. Axis29

Axis29 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

This was my solution for my old Twin (when the Ruby failed). But, I actually went with a WR4 to lower the B+ (and it works beautifully). But, I do have some W34's in case I want to push it back up again, or need one for a different amp. I've been really happy with my Copper Caps. I find they respond exactly like their tube counterparts.

Wally likes this.
  5. OzShadow

OzShadow Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Whatever the Fender branded one was, it was a tiny bit taller than the Sovtek. The Sovtek may glow a bit more.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.