Any iPhone users here?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by w3stie, Oct 13, 2011.

1. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

The release of the new iPhone has got me wondering whether I should take the plunge. Are they worth it, or just overpriced toys?

<edit: I'm not trolling, I actually went out and bought Apple gear after you lot egged me on ;) >

2. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

im still using the phone i got back in 2002

one just like this

[​IMG]

3. spurgie79

spurgie79 Tele-Holic

I like mine. It's easy to use and I'm stupid. I've never tried a droid though. If you can swing it, go for it. Personally, I don't waste time on technology that doesn't integrate seamlessly into my life. Thats why I like the iPhone. I don't have to go looking through folders and menus to get what I want. I just touch the little picture for it.

4. regularslinky

regularslinky Tele-Afflicted

I've had an iPhone 3g for a couple of years now. I plan to get a 4s as soon as the hoopla dies down a bit.

I hope I don't sound like too much of a geek fanboy, but I have never owned an object that I used and enjoyed as much as this iPhone. It has been flawless since the day I bought it - even now that the memory is almost full and the operating system is outdated. Of course it does lots of stuff - email, internet, music, phone, text, maps, directions, notes - I even use mine as a dictation machine - and my 7 year old loves the games. But the beauty of the iPhone (and Apple stuff in general, IMHO) is not what it does, but how simple and intuitive it is to use. Good technology doesn't get in your way, it enables you - and that is what the iPhone does. It just works.

I haven't used any other smartphone but my one experience with Android (on a tablet) was infuriating.

5. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

I use my phone for pretty much everything. the new siri feature will be a revolution for people... I think the iphone is just a really good, useful device. If you limit yourself to only seeing a phone as a tool for making phone calls, I think it is worth it because it is a very good phone...

but, if you might consider that you have lots of little problems that need assistance, you'll start to love the phone. I use mine in lieu of a laptop for 60% of my day! that is a lot!

it is my gps, my email client (for the most part)... sheesh, I use it for 30 or 40 different things...

I think 'worth it'... but, I use technology a lot and hyper communicate.. if you do that as well, I think you'll be happy... just make sure to install emoji (kind of kidding)

6. Gilamnstr

Gilamnstr Tele-Afflicted

I've owned an iPhone 3G and an iPhone 4 (my current phone). Definitely worth it, IMO. I've played with the Android phones a bit and while I won't say they're junk, I'll say that I find the iPhone easier to use....just my personal opinion. Zero problems, never have to reboot/restart it (in contrast with my old Blackberry which required a battery pull every few days to keep it working right), plenty of useful apps in the app store (even amongst all the dreck like fart apps, virtual beers, lighters, etc.).

7. IB62

IB62 Tele-Holic

Had my 3gs for about 3 years - and I may move up to a 4gs - the iphone makes calls, sends texts and mails ok - it also has more songs than I can listen to, has a practice amp with effect pedals - a few games - and is simple to use (though Itunes is a pain) - all in all a great phone - I always resisted Apple (too cool for me) - but I have to say its a great tool

8. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

My wife, daughter and I all have the 4G it’s the first and only smart phone I’ve owned so can’t compare it to any others but I can say I really like it. In all honesty I would be lost on how to really get all the use out of it without my kids 21 & 16.

9. jjfatz42

jjfatz42 Tele-Holic

I love mine. I've got the 3GS, but am not planning on updating till this one takes a crap.

I was always in the camp of, if it makes phone calls it's good enough for me. In fact, I replaced a VERY old Motorola Razr with this iPhone. But, now this phone is my life line. If it broke, I would take off work to get it replaced!

10. KBing

KBing Tele-Meister

I just got the iPhone 4 2 months ago, great phone and easy to use. I had the 3g for 3 years and it started bugging out when the battery was on it's way out. I use it now in my car for music as it interfaces with my stereo and I can control it from the steering wheel controls.

Before getting the 3g, I tried one of the other "smart" iPhone wannabes, I didn't like it and traded up to the iPhone within the 30 day period. Never thought I'd use it as much as I do, definitely worth it.

11. Warm Gums

Warm Gums Friend of Leo's

I have a 4..very worthwhile, functional enough to cool iPAS.
    (at least for the moment..lol)
    It does all the things that my old phone claimed to do(web, email) with ease..the only problem I had was adaptaing to typing on the touch screen, I pretty much have it down but it still isn't as fast as keys.

I use alot of the music based apps,(many are free) iRig sounds good and even the free models are enough to keep you going for awhile. I have a couple of tuners installed, some chord dictionaries etc...I pretty much taught myself the Uke using iPhone apps(I could travel the world a happy man with a soprano uke & a iPhone..) The recording abilities for both sound a video are first rate, and the camera could probably replace most folks digi cam..(I love the retro photo apps..If only there was one to turn it in to a thread mount Leica..) I enjoy the free music downloads from *$(does a credible iPod) and there are some decent free games, and it makes a nice flash light;)

12. Murky

Murky Tele-Meister

Used a blackberry for a few years but didn't click with the complexity of it. Broke down and got this iphone4 and I'm loving it. I spend less time on the computer. I'm not into the testing thing but CL and this forum still take some browsing time while out for a smoke.

Sent from my gadget.

13. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

How much a month do you guys pay?

I pay $21 a month for a cell that gives me more minutes than I can use.
    I also pay about 70 bucks a month for my home internet, which I could theoretically ditch if I had a net phone.

14. kennl

kennl Tele-Afflicted

W3stie,
    My favorite things about the iPhone
    1) Works well with iTunes and Mac - built-in iPod
    2) Contact manger capabilities means no need to carry a rolodex when booking gigs
    3) the world's best guitar tuner for $9.99 http://www.petersontuners.com/index.cfm?category=150

15. Vladimir

Vladimir Friend of Leo's

It's the best thing to stay in touch with the TDPRI, hardly ever use the web version anymore.
    I got my 3GS for free with a &euro;25 subscription which includes 1GB of Internet traffic, which I never manage to use up.
    The good thing is that it also has WI-FI, so at home it's much faster.

Sent from my iPhone using TDPRI

16. middy

middy Friend of Leo's

I use my iPhone all the time for all kinds of things: messaging, email, music, books, games, tuner, sequencer, drum machine, synthesizer, practice amp, web browsing, weather, gps, scheduler, alarm clock, camera... oh yeah, it's a phone too!

I pay $85 a month.

17. imsilly

imsilly Friend of Leo's

The big question is iPhone 4s or wait for the new one?

18. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

"I pay $85 a month."

Does this include everything? Thanks.

19. vtcyclist

vtcyclist Tele-Afflicted

Two 3GSs in our house. Does everything without muss or fuss. It is what all the other phones are trying to be.

20. octatonic

octatonic Poster Extraordinaire

I picked up a 64GB white iPhone 4s today.
    It is evolutionary rather than revolutionary- definitely faster than the 4 and Siri is an amazing bit of software.

I like it a lot.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.