Any good sites for electric wiring?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Scooter91, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Scooter91

Scooter91 Tele-Holic

So to hopefully head off the safety patrol, I have a friend who's an electrician and he has agreed to check my work before final hookup.
    I'm installing a 240v heater in my workshop and would like to control it with a Wi-Fi thermostat instead of a line voltage model. YouTube has let me down a bit in that the videos I've found on modifying the heater for a 24v control circuit have been contradictory and confusing. I thought maybe someone here would have done this already and could point me towards some reliable diagrams. I'm hoping to get as much done as possible myself before pestering my buddy, his time is pretty hard to come by.

Thanks!

2. wabashslim

wabashslim Tele-Afflicted

I see this kind of thing often on This Old House for HVAC control so these things do exist. Maybe talk to some local HVAC or electrical supply shops & see what they can tell you.

3. Scooter91

Scooter91 Tele-Holic

Thanks for the idea. I ended up talking to one of the electricians at work and I think he's got me pointed in the right direction. Being in Minnesota I'd better get cracking on this, winter is coming!:confused:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.