Any good Delay/Reverb combo?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by TeleTex82, Oct 29, 2019.

1. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Tele-Afflicted

Hi.

I like the look of Fender’s new Reflecting Pool combo. I don’t have it, but I do have both the Marine Layer reverb and the Mirror Image delay. The Reflecting Pool has, as I understand it, updated and expanded versions of these in it (new engine, extra variation types and some other stuff, including tap tempo).

I think both of mine are good. Simple to use, yet quite a few clearly differentiated options, and they both sound good to me. So, the Reflecting Pool seems really appealing.

If it matters, there is no spring type in the reverb however. Also, the Mirror Image can’t really do long, ambient delays, and I’m not sure if the updated version in the Reflecting Pool can.

I’m actually kinda annoyed the Reflecting Pool has turned up so soon after I got the Mirror Image.

Pax/
    Dean

TeleTex82 likes this.
  2. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's

They have a new one out, the DDR (Drive/Delay/Reverb) that looks promising too. Keeley has some great stuff overall.

TeleTex82 likes this.
  3. lammie200

lammie200 Tele-Afflicted

Picked up the NUX Atlantic tonight. Pretty much works as advertised. It is very quiet which is nice. Works well for a small amount of delay and reverb which is what I want. It might get a little artificial sounding if you really turn up the levels. My 2 cents.

TeleTex82 likes this.
  4. Hammerhead

Hammerhead Tele-Meister

Zoom MS50

TeleTex82 likes this.
  5. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

TeleTex82 likes this.
  6. lammie200

lammie200 Tele-Afflicted

Update on the NUX Atlantic: Decided to exchange it for two Ibanez mini pedals instead. The delay and chorus. Both are supposedly pure analog. I still give the NUX high marks, but I think that I can get the sound that I want better out of the Ibanez minis. Chasing that sound I suppose.

TeleTex82 likes this.
  7. Pajama

Pajama Tele-Meister

Old Blood Noise Rever might be worth a look?

TeleTex82 likes this.
  8. Platefire

Platefire Friend of Leo's

I still use the old Boss RV-3. Burned one up about a year ago and looked at all the new pedals and ended up buying another used RV-3---its a work horse. Platefire

TeleTex82 and RetroTeleRod like this.
  9. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

It would be great if Boss would offer an updated version. imagine the same features but with today's processing power, Wow! Boss RV-3 Waza, who's with me?

TeleTex82 likes this.
  10. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's

I think the answer is yes but it's almost impossible to answer which one.

It depends on what you want out of the reverb and what you want out of the delay. For some values of each there might not be a combo pedal that does it.

TeleTex82 and TokyoPortrait like this.
  11. telel6s

telel6s Tele-Afflicted

That's a good price, too, for that much functionality. Cool that it also allows for inserts so you could still put a chorus, 2nd delay or something between the drive and delay/reverb section. Only downside for some people would be that you can't use delay & reverb at the same time.

Of course, if you already have 2 our of the 3 functions covered with existing pedals the price is probably too high to fill in just for the third.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DDR--keeley-ddr-drive-delay-reverb-pedal

TeleTex82 likes this.
  12. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

I think I've narrowed it down to the DDR and the Caverns. Probably more so the Caverns, I've got my drive tones more or less covered by my Mythical OD and Kingmaker Fuzz. But will definitely check them both out.

13. Chester Burnett

Chester Burnett Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Source Audio Collider.

TeleTex82 likes this.
  14. WhiteTubbyTele

WhiteTubbyTele TDPRI Member

I’ve been happy with the Caverns V2. Nice warm but not muddy delay side and very useable reverb options.

TeleTex82 likes this.
  15. TeleTex82

That's what I keep reading. Thanks for the input!

16. AndyPanda

AndyPanda Tele-Meister

I'm really liking the Seymour Duncan Dark Sun but it's pricey. You only have one reverb (Hall) but it's a very good sounding reverb while the delay section is full of features. It can store a ton of presets, you can have reverb feed the delay or delay feed the reverb - you can have delay and reverb split left/right - ducking - saturation - modulation.

Mincer and TeleTex82 like this.
  17. TeleTex82

I love SA stuff, but that's a bit pricey and honestly more than I need at the moment. Amazing pedal though.

18. Mincer

Mincer Tele-Holic

Yeah, there are not many combo pedals that do this sort of thing. It is wonderful if you like to take up a lot of space in the mix.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.